"unnamed courses

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

"unnamed courses

Postby Jimboroks1 on Tue May 29, 2018 8:15 pm

My list of courses has a lot of "unnamed courses" in them,although the course is listed by the words "unnamed course".

Jimboroks1
Attachments
unnamed golf colf .png
unnamed golf colf .png (174.24 KB) Viewed 4881 times
Jimboroks1

Re: "unnamed courses

Postby Armand on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:42 am

Jim, I've seen this before but don't know the cause. At one time, I thought it may be because courses were added to the folders when the game was open, but I don't think that was actually the case. I concluded that the COURSE.DAT file had become corrupt.

I'm not sure if you could delete the courses from your library (using course manager in the game) and then re-add them. For me, I deleted the COURSE.DAT file and then re-built it by adding all of my courses back into the game. This was a bit of a tedious process, as my courses were organized by year of release. So, I had to select each of 15+ folders, select all courses within, and then re-add them to my game. None of this ever affected the actual CRZ file or where it was stored, which made it a reasonable "fix".

You should find the COURSE.DAT file either in the main installation directory, or if all of your courses are in one folder (with no sub-folders), it is probably there.
Armand

Postby Jimboroks1 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:16 am

Delete all the extracted folders, of those affected ,then re-extract them?

Jimboroks1
Jimboroks1

Postby Armand on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:33 pm

No, the CRZ and ZIP files you have are not the issue. It's the course listing database which is saved as COURSE.DAT on your hard drive.

Two ways to fix the course listing:
1. Remove the "unnamed courses" from the game using the Course Manager. You should not delete the CRZ file from your hard drive, just remove the course name from your listing. After you have removed all "unnamed courses" (you may want to make note of them if you haven't already), close the game, then reopen it. Go back to Course Manager and re-add the courses that you just previously removed. This should restore the proper name of the course in Course Manager. (I'm assuming your CRZ files are not in the \Courses folder).

2. Delete that COURSE.DAT file from your hard drive. Doing so will wipe out ALL of the courses listed in Course Manager in the game. Then, just go back into Course Manager and re-add all of your courses back into the game. Depending on how many courses are affected and how many folders you have your CRZ files saved in, this may be quicker than Option 1. However, if you have multiple folders where your CRZ files are stored like I did (I had one for each calendar year), it can take a bit of time but usually all courses can be loaded back into the game in 30 minutes or less.

I always used Option 2 when I started seeing the "unnamed course" in Course Manager, even though it may have taken a bit longer than Option 1.
Armand

Postby Jimboroks1 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:29 am

Thank you ,I will check into it.

Jimboroks1
Jimboroks1

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum