insert disc box opens

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

insert disc box opens

Postby Jimboroks1 on Wed May 23, 2018 6:30 pm

During the Four Seasons game the "insert disc" box opens. It can not find the course I'm playing on. It continues playing but the boxes still come on and I finish the course. The next round will not start because of this problem. HELP!

Jimboroks1
Jimboroks1

Re: insert disc box opens

Postby Armand on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:02 am

Is the course listed as "unnamed" in Course Manager? I have no idea really, especially with the Tour set up, but with many issues, I'd suggest doing a complete uninstall (save your personal files, [censored], CRZs, etc.) then delete all Links-related folders on C:\ including those in the \VirtualStore.

Perform a clean Links install by right-clicking on the SETUP.EXE for Links 2003 (whether from CD or the downloaded game) and choose RUN AS ADMINSTRATOR. Install the game to C:\Links2003. When you install the patches, right click on those EXE files and choose RUN AS ADMINSTRATOR and make sure they also install to C:\Links2003. Before you run the game for the first time, make sure you right-click the shortcut and select the option on the compatibility tab to ALWAYS RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. Doing this should remove the whole \VirtualStore issue and files not being where you expect them to be.

Oh, and make sure your computer doesn't have a G:\ drive installed. IF there is, change that drive letter assignment to anything else but G:\.
Armand

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum