Memory Problem

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Memory Problem

Postby Bassmaster on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:00 am

Just asking. Every now and then this happens on both my house computer which is Windows 7 Home Premium and my laptop which is Windows 8. I go to start up Links and I get a pop up message that says "Links needs 48MB memory to run". I restart the computer and then everything is fine. Anybody else ever experience this?
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Re: Memory Problem

Postby BruceWallace on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:22 pm

Do you reboot your computer before going into Links? If I am going to play a round, I always reboot first.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Postby Bassmaster on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:03 pm

It happens about once every couple of months. It did it this morning right after I fire the laptop up. A boot always take care of it.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby AZWilly on Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:24 am

Hey, Rick. Yes, I too get the annoying message about once a week. I have 'Advance System Care' and go into the toolbox/smart RAM feature to "release memory"...If there's something else someone knows of (rebooting is too easy :wink: ) I'd gladly give it a go.
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

Postby JoJeffo on Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:43 am

hi all,

I've had the same issue from time to time.. I just close down my web browser and/or email and try again. When Links is the only program running on my 'puter it fixes the problem. Normally, I can run Links and have any number of browsers and email and other programs running with no problems. As I mentioned, it only happens every once in a while.

Cheers.
JoJeffo

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum