Adding players

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Adding players

Postby tazman55 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:14 am

HI. Is there anyway to add players from previous versions of links to Links 2k3? Also, where can I find a conversion for Latrobe summer/fall? I found the conversion for latrobe in the country club, but not for the ones stated. Appreciate any help.
thanks
Bob
tazman55

Postby Armand on Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:17 am

Bob,

There is no way to use player animations from previous version of Links in the 2003 version. However, you may be interested in exploring a little around the AniMasters site, where they have modified the animations to create new ones. Also, there is some talk that creation of different body types (different to those already in the game, that is) may be soon possible.

http://www.linksanimasters.com

With regards to Latrobe, if memory serves me correctly, I thought the conversion worked on all versions of Latrobe. It's been a while since I converted mine, so I could easily be incorrect. Have you tried converting the summer and fall CRX versions (recall that if the CRZ files are Links 2001 versions, there is no conversion necessary to use them in Links 2003). If you've converted one, move it to a different folder and try converting the summer/fall versions using the same converter.

Armand
Last edited by Armand on Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armand

Postby Crissy on Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:20 am

You cant add animations from other versions of Links, but there are many new animations made up for Links 2003. They can be found at Links Corner I use the Elvis animation my self. lol

And if you use the all course converter it should convert the course or courses you want, here is a link.

All Course Converter

Here is a list of all the Latrobe courses there are also.

1. Latrobe Country Club (386) - Latrobe_.CRZ
  2. Latrobe Country Club Fall (2000) - Clat_fal.CRZ
  3. Latrobe Country Club Fall (1999) - Lat_fall.CRZ
  4. Latrobe Country Club Summer (2000) - Clat_sum.CRZ
  5. Latrobe Country Club Summer (1999) - Lat_summ.CRZ

Crissy
Crissy

Postby txTarHeel on Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:23 pm

Not trying to be nit-picky, but http://www.linksanimasters.com is the correct link.

---Lonnie
txTarHeel

Postby Armand on Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:48 pm

Thanks, Lonnie. I didn't try the link after I posted and should have. I've now editted my original post to correct the link, so anyone else reading from the top won't get sent to the wrong place!

Armand
Armand

Postby tazman55 on Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:09 pm

Than you all. Really appreciate the help.
Bob
tazman55

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum