installation problems

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

installation problems

Postby TPAnderson on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:40 am

I have had Links2003 running on my old compute(running Windows XP) for 13 or 14 years. Alas, my old computer has died and I have a newer computer running Windows 10. Since I saved the original disks , I figured I could install Links on my newer computer but no success. I followed instructions but no luck. The last message I received was : " Links 2003 cannot verify your disk".
I tried to run the troubleshooting and received the message: " "incompatible program". Any help will be greatly appreciated since I am having severe withdrawal symptoms :)
TPAnderson

Re: installation problems

Postby Mississippi on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:55 am

Are you getting that message when you try to start the game after installation ? Do you have disk 1 inserted when this message occurs ?
Mississippi

Postby TPAnderson on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:07 am

Mississippi : Yes disk one is in player as instructed
TPAnderson

Postby Blade on Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:25 pm

Blade

Postby Mississippi on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:01 pm

I've been racking my brain all afternoon trying to remember what i did when i saw that error a couple years ago...I don't believe it was a rukshuk problem as neither of my last 2 computers have had more than 1 disk drive. I'm thinking i just reinstalled links a 2nd time and that corrected the problem.
Mississippi

Postby GoBucks on Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:03 am

I got a new windows10 pc in April. I did the following, step by step, and was on the course in no time. Thanks again, Obelix. You are gone, but not forgotten.

Having to re install Links
Simple, follow these steps in order.

1 install Links
2 install v1.02
3 install v1.05
4 install v 1.07
5 install links NVIDIA patch
6 install lspn crash fix
7 install LSPN_MAIN_L2K3
Procedure,
Place all the files in the links main folder (including RuKsHuk.exe).
To install the patches, just double click on them, it will be done automatically.
Good luck, see you on the tees.
Robert (aka Obelix)

NB: LSPN_MAIN will set the proper IP within Links to play ON-LINE
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby TPAnderson on Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:06 pm

Thank you for all of your help. After following all of your suggestions I was finally able to get 2K3 to run although the graphics were totally screwed. Just on a hunch and out of frustration I changed the resolution and it is almost back to where I had it and definitely playable although it took a while to get my snap close to where it was. Again, a sincere thank you to all.

TPAnderson
TPAnderson

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum