Links and Win XP Media centre edition

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Links and Win XP Media centre edition

Postby Obelix on Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:06 pm

Following a computer crash I tried to install links 2003 on a spare PC running XP Media Centre Edition of windows. The Processor is a P4 3 gig, one gig of ram. The graphics are handled with Intel 82815G Graphics controller (on board I beleive). Although I manage to install to a certain point, whe I try to create a golfer It crashes, the I cant restart Link without it crashing immediately.
I am welcoming any suggestions in the hope of not having to purchase another PC in the near future.
I do have an upgrade CD to XP Pro that I used som time back to upgrade the defunct PC from Millenium edition. Can it upgrade Media Centre edition to Pro ??

Thanks for any help :( :( :cry: :cry:
Obelix

Postby terrell on Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:28 pm

links doesn't seem to play nice with integrated intel graphics controllers. gibby posted a link to an accelerator he found on the intel site several months back that worked for some. i would look for that. then enter the device id for the 815g into the videocard.txt.

if none of that works, do you have a spare apg or pcix slot you could throw a cheap card in? i picked up an nvidia agp 6200 very cheap that works really well with links/vista.
terrell

Postby Obelix on Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:25 pm

Hi Terrel,

Yes I do have the video card from the dead PC, it is a GeForce Pro card. The Mother Board is an 865G-M8 and according to the book, it shows an AGP1 slot. I will try that out and see where I get with it.

Thanks a lot Terrell for your help. :) :)
Obelix

Postby Obelix on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:28 am

:D :D :D

Thanks Terrel, did install the recovered GeForce2 GTS card and everything is beautifull. Be back on the courses loosing many tournaments and having fun doing so.

Have a great day :wink: :wink:
Obelix

T

Postby sonnycul on Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:15 pm

wow u do good work T

edit : as you can see I way to much time on my hands lol just J/K T
Do not argue with an i d i o t. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
sonnycul

Postby terrell on Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:21 pm

even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut, sonny.

you're very welcome to just jump in any old time you want just to say hey. (8
terrell

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum