Reinstall Links 2003

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Reinstall Links 2003

Postby Drpinseeker on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:13 pm

I had to replace my hard drive I was able to save everything on my hard drive, I reinstalled links 2003. I am getting errors that have to do with administrative log in, I am logged in as administrator. I am also getting can't verify disk...won't let me launch?
Drpinseeker

Re: Reinstall Links 2003

Postby Drpinseeker on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Using windows 7 home edition
Drpinseeker

Re: Reinstall Links 2003

Postby Armand on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:17 pm

Even though you're logged into your system as an administrator, you may choose to run the game as an elevated administrator. To do so, right-click on the Links shortcut and choose properties. From that window, select the Compatibility tab, and select the box next to Run this program as an Administrator. Alternatively, you could install the game in a directory such as C:\Links2003 and then you shouldn't have to worry about the elevated administrative rights stuff.

For getting past the Insert Disk 1/Verify Disk error, you may need to change a drive letter on your computer from G:\ to something else. Often, a multimedia card reader will install several drives, one for each type of card your reader can use. To change the drive letter assigned to G:\, follow the instructions here:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ ... dows-7.htm
If you need further assistance, let us know.

If you don't want to change drive letters, then you can install the RUKSHUK.EXE file (which will get around the CD verification step) into the directory for Links. Refer to this post for further details:
http://www.lspn.net/community/viewtopic ... 531#p24531

If you need any other assistance, please post back.
Armand

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum