About ready to give up

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

About ready to give up

Postby Shlomo on Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:33 am

My old piece of junk computer (on which I had virtually no problems playing Links 2k3) bit the dust. I installed the (downloaded) software on a much newer HP computer (Radeon vid card). Every time I start the program, I am informed that there is no disk in the drive. I venture onward and, when I try to check any conditions past the first round, the game crashes and has to be restarted. I gave up trying to view the conditions within the game and limped forward into a round. Sometimes I play a full round without appearing on the leaderboard. Even after I am informed that my stats have been successfully uploaded, I am nowhere to be found when I start the next round, nor am I listed on LSPN's leaderboard.

Finally, I started a round at Pinehurst 2 just 10 minutes or so ago. The first hole did not post (neither did my username) but after another hole or two, I magically appeared on the board, albeit without the correct score. A few holes later, I crash to the desktop with a 'heap stack' error message.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Any help?

PS: This game used to be one of the only stress-releasing activities in my stressed out life. Now, it has added more stress.
Shlomo

Re: About ready to give up

Postby rwoodworkr on Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:23 am

Have you installed the patches?:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8533#p72333
rwoodworkr

Postby Shlomo on Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:34 am

Yes. Twice.
Shlomo

Postby gibby on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:33 am

you need this patch to fix the crashing when looking at the conditions,
http://www.lspn.net/downloads/LSPN_CRASH_FIX.exe
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby Armand on Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:28 am

I'd suggest installing the game and patches to C:\Links2003, rather than the default C:\Program Files....... directory. When you install the patches, make sure they get installed into the same C:\Links2003 directory.

If you decide to use the default directory, ensure you install the patches into the same directory and ensure you run the patch installations as an administrator (right-click on the exe files and choose 'Run as administrator').
Armand

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum