Help Links 2003 not responding

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Help Links 2003 not responding

Postby WackerWoods on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:25 am

WackerWoods calling for help for some inexplicable reason Links 2003 is not responding but HANGING IN THE AIR. Never had a problem before so cannot understand. Can anyone help and no RUDE suggestions please. Thanks a million e come dice en Italiano Gracia tanto
WackerWoods

Re: Help Links 2003 not responding

Postby Mississippi on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:19 am

I have win 7 pro and mine does that on almost every startup, it usually starts itself after a minute or 2 but when it doesn't, going into the task manager(ctrl/alt/delete) for some reason jump starts it. It also gets rid of the start button that sometimes appears when you start links and prevents the mouse from reaching the bottom of the screen.
Mississippi

Postby rwoodworkr on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:45 am

Whenever Links starts to act strangely for me, I do a reinstall and it usually solves the problem.
rwoodworkr

Postby Armand on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:52 pm

This is probably far too late, but .....

If there is a previous Links instance running or left in memory after a crash, Links may not start. Check your task manager on the processes tab and end all instances of LinksMMIII.exe or Linkslauncher.exe (right-click and choose 'End Task'). If you find any processes, this should resolve your issue. The same result would occur if you rebooted.

If that doesn't resolve things, then we'll need more information to diagnose what might be happening.
Armand

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum