cant play matches or dirrect connection

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

HammaH

Postby sonnycul on Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:29 am

Have you went to Command Promt and typed in ipconfig after you changed the router ip to see if it gave your pc a new ip for outsdie world to see ..............the reason I say is I just got new puter and had the change the ip as it gave me a new ip address for my new pc (was 101 now 103) don't know why but hey I'm just a dummy on these machines lol
sonnycul

Postby HammaH on Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:17 pm

I did renew my IP Sonny. Thanks for the reply though, every little bit helps.
HammaH

HammaH

Postby sonnycul on Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Hey you if downloaded skype (it's free) I'm sure Murray (tryandtyoneon) could walk you thru the setup and get you online, wish I could be more help ...You might try this link but I' sure you have already done that .........

http://portforward.com/english/routers/ ... /Links.htm
sonnycul

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:18 pm

@ Hammah

In a previous post you wrote: "Ports forwarded, 2300-2400 both TCP & UDP, port 6073 both, and port 47624 both. "

Try changing the port 6073 to UDP only and port 47624 to TCP only.

I just changed my local router IP to 192.168.2.1, then back again so I don't think that will be a problem as long as your forwarded ports also point to the 192.168.2.??? (or 198.168.1.???). I believe the software will automatically change it for you as the only number we can edit it the last one in the string.

If you do try to change it to 192.168.1.1, you'll have to renew/repair your IP or you won't even be able to connect to the internet (I found this out the hard way LOL).

I got my fingers crossed for you pard.
HTP_ErnieB

Postby HammaH on Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:58 pm

I tried Ernie, still no go. Another worthy try though, thanks.
HammaH

Postby terrell on Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:10 pm

didn't the guy that used to help a lot with multiplayer questions (geez, i wish i could remember names) say port 80 needed to be forwarded also (even though it's forwarded by default)? that always seemed to be the last piece of the puzzle.
terrell

Postby HammaH on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:16 pm

Really? That's just you're basic email port right? I'm figuring being in DMZ opens that anyway right? What the hay, I'll give it a go....thanks T.
HammaH

HammaH

Postby sonnycul on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:57 pm

Hey if you can find TTSueB on the DM vent she would help you and slove your problem with the router she is the very best around on them m8 ..You can get to the DM vent on matchmaker here .........Check when she is on ok ........
sonnycul

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:01 pm

terrell wrote:didn't the guy that used to help a lot with multiplayer questions (geez, i wish i could remember names) say port 80 needed to be forwarded also (even though it's forwarded by default)? that always seemed to be the last piece of the puzzle.

Does the name Steve ring a bell?
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby grim_x on Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:06 am

That's who it was, Steve aka Fatbloke.
grim_x

Postby terrell on Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:40 am

tryandtyoneon wrote:
terrell wrote:didn't the guy that used to help a lot with multiplayer questions (geez, i wish i could remember names) say port 80 needed to be forwarded also (even though it's forwarded by default)? that always seemed to be the last piece of the puzzle.

Does the name Steve ring a bell?

grim_x wrote:That's who it was, Steve aka Fatbloke.

that's it! thanks, murray/grim. if someone were a n a l enough to have copied some of his old posts, the answers are there.

i've never seen a sueb post anywhere. apparently we don't travel in the same circles. but if he/she could help with the multiplayer problems, i'll name my firstborn after them.
terrell

T

Postby sonnycul on Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:41 am

Hey T she doesn't post in here that I know but a few years ago when I had a problem with my router and no one here could help slove it even alot tried,, someone told me about TTSueB in the zone and I went there and she did get me going and never had another problem so it was just a thought as I saw her on matchmkaer at same time I sent my last post ........... Think she is a captain on DM vent or TT team
Sonny
P.S. Don't get me wrong bunch of great Techs in here
sonnycul

well

Postby andershede on Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:00 pm

I wrote earlier in this thread with my frustrations, but actually things have improved since.
My one friend had made an error when he tried to open ports, and that actually solved most problems. The Trick with "dobbeltclicking" helped a lot as well.

So thanks. :)
andershede

andershede

Postby sonnycul on Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:21 pm

great m8 glad you got worked out see you out on the fairway just lQQk and you will see me overthere.>>>>>>>> in the rough lol
sonnycul

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:42 am

fatbloke aka steve pitts, has a site: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steve.pitts/

steve is a computer programming expert and had a lot of interesting things to say about direct connection etc. on the old tech site.

steve apparently felt links was a dead duck after indiebuilt bailed out, and hasn't played in quite a while. it would be nice if someone could hook up with him and clue him in to what is going on here and on the apcd-courses site. he had some first class insights into tour stats, how to analyze them, and he had the programming tools with which to do it. lw

________
Larry_Warrilow

Previous

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum