Aiming stick confusion

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Aiming stick confusion

Postby Fuzzy on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:49 am

About two weeks ago everytime I place aiming stick on green I get connection status popup show up - all or part of it. Finally got so frustrated I removed Links and reinstalled. All patches done. Still same problem. Have to start aiming behind ball and drag onto green - then shows breakline. No logic that I can see. Would greatly appreciate any and all help............
Thanks Bryan
Fuzzy

Re: Aiming stick confusion

Postby BruceWallace on Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:30 pm

Fuzzy wrote:About two weeks ago everytime I place aiming stick on green I get connection status popup show up - all or part of it. Finally got so frustrated I removed Links and reinstalled. All patches done. Still same problem. Have to start aiming behind ball and drag onto green - then shows breakline. No logic that I can see. Would greatly appreciate any and all help............
Thanks Bryan

You must have gremlins in your computer. I have never heard of this before.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Postby Fuzzy on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:44 pm

OK so now that you have heard of it - how do I get rid of gremlins?? :?: :)
Fuzzy

Postby Fuzzy on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:51 am

OK - Gremlins gone. Rolled back video driver and the little buggers took off. Strange but true.......
Fuzzy

Postby Fuzzy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:55 pm

OK - Gremlins back. Same as before. Unable to place aiming stick on green or fairway in main window. Have to start behind ball and drag forward or get closing network connection popup. Have to rotate player to get rid of popup.
When closing game get error message : Duplicate free detected at address Oxbe55598. Not sure if any connection there. Would appreciate any help here folks. Rolling back video driver helped for 10 - 12 games. Re/Re game - no help.
Many thanks
Bryan
Fuzzy

Postby rwoodworkr on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:23 pm

Your video driver didn't happen to automatically update itself, did it?
rwoodworkr

Postby Fuzzy on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:05 am

Thanks for the suggestion. Just checked and last driver installed Apr 22nd - which made it work. No updates since then and can't roll back any more. Appreciate the ideas.
Bryan
Fuzzy

Postby Fuzzy on Wed May 03, 2017 10:17 am

OK - issue solved. When reloading Links I had failed to adjust my connection settings and was still using Windows settings. My bad!! As connection settings was message popping up when I used aiming stick I figured there must be some connection to network settings. Strange but true.
Fuzzy

Postby brubeck on Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:44 am

I'm expediency the same problem. Not running Windows setting but feet & yrds. Not really sure what to do. Any help appreciated.

brubeck
brubeck

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum