downloading new courses

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

downloading new courses

Postby cheezer1964 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:50 pm

My computer crashed and had to start all over with everything and started all anew. I have Links golf back up and running. But my big problem is I lost the ability to download new courses and put them in my course file. I would truly appreciate help and directions on how to get the courses (new ones) I did not have before into my course file.

All I can remember is I would download the courses off the internet. All I had to do is click on the new course and when it was finished downloading it automatically would go into my course file. Then all I had to do is start up links and go into my course file in links and click on the new course and it would automatically set up to show and then the new course was available in my course file.

If I remember I had to have win zip I think which I did download again. I have downloaded a new course I did not have prior but it does not automatically go into my course file for me. So I tried to manually stick it in to my course file but it does not work even though it shows as a crz file. HELP !!!!!!
cheezer1964

Re: downloading new courses

Postby JoeSmith on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Windows 7 or XP?
JoeSmith

Postby cheezer1964 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:48 am

windows 7
cheezer1964

Postby Mississippi on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:52 am

Download course, unzip course, drag crz. file into course file in links then open the game click on options, then course manager, then click on add. put an x in any course you wish to add and click add again.
Remember if you get too many courses in links course file links will start loading slow since it reads that file on start-up, so you might want to add a 2nd course file with a slightly different name and put all your courses in that file leaving the links course file with only the driving range in it.
Mississippi

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum