Classuic swing Meter

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Classuic swing Meter

Postby MIB_skipper on Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:42 am

My Links2003 ver 1.07, the swing meter in the 3 click mode some times stops on its own on the back swing and down swing during putting and other shots ,before I click the 2nd time. Does anyone have a solutiopn besides uninstall my copy and buy a new copy ?
MIB_skipper

Re: Classuic swing Meter

Postby pmgolf on Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:16 am

I don't see how buying a new copy of Links would fix anything. Your old Links programs haven't changed. First, have you installed anything recently? Added any headphones? installed any game controllers? Installed any programs? Uninstall them, and see if it happens again and how often it happens.

Next step - Try re-booting your PC. Then see if it happens again and how often it happens. Next step - back-up everything that you might lose if you delete Links and then re-install it. If you don't know what things you might lose - ask, before you delete it, because they will be gone forever! Then Delete Links and re-install it. Then see if it happens again and how often it happens.

If it still happens, come back here and post, because now you've done everything you can do.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Echoes on Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:04 pm

MIB_skipper wrote:My Links2003 ver 1.07, the swing meter in the 3 click mode some times stops on its own on the back swing and down swing during putting and other shots ,before I click the 2nd time. Does anyone have a solutiopn besides uninstall my copy and buy a new copy ?

i have 2 thoughts, the 1st being have you tried another mouse? The 2nd being your holding the 1st click too long and the game thinks you are using the 2 click method.
Echoes

Postby MIB_skipper on Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:54 am

Thanks, no I have not tried another mouse, actually I use the 3 click all the time, 1 to start, 2 for my 12 spot and the 3rd for my 6 spot. The technical problem is that after I ckick to start the swing, it may move up a few notches then stop on its own without me clicking. This doesn't occur all the time, just when you least expect it and I look like a duffed a good one
MIB_skipper

Postby Echoes on Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:29 pm

I figured it was intermittent. Springs get sticky and or weak, my 1st step would be a new mouse...could be the last step needed.
Echoes

Postby MIB_skipper on Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:22 pm

pmgolf: Thanks for your interest in my problem. This my second installation of Links 2003, it came by paying for the online version here on LSPN . My first installation was from the disc set it would not work after I installed Windows 10. I have not installed any new programs on my computer and I reboot my computer every day, problem persists. I will try a different mouse and see how that works.
MIB_skipper

Postby Echoes on Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:33 pm

Hey MIB_skipper,
Quick question...what do you mean your disks wouldn't work after installing win 10? i run win 11 and am using my 22 year old disks still. I suspect you couldn't get past the insert disc 1 problem that was corrected some time back with this link
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... Kwu60SWz-Q

good luck sir.
Echoes

Postby MIB_skipper on Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:13 pm

Echoes wrote:Hey MIB_skipper,
Quick question...what do you mean your disks wouldn't work after installing win 10? i run win 11 and am using my 22 year old disks still. I suspect you couldn't get past the insert disc 1 problem that was corrected some time back with this link
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... Kwu60SWz-Q

good luck sir.

Thank you very much , I was very frustrated when I discovered my disc would not load properly after I got a new computer with windows 10. I will keep your link incase I try to install the disc s again.
MIB_skipper

Postby BitLeft on Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:00 pm

Going back to the Swing Meter issue for a sec, have you considered looking to see how the meter behaves if you use your F12 key to run the game as either a two or three click interaction? That would take the mouse out of the picture and might give you some insights on the source of the issue?
BitLeft

Postby rwoodworkr on Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:08 am

BitLeft wrote:Going back to the Swing Meter issue for a sec, have you considered looking to see how the meter behaves if you use your F12 key to run the game as either a two or three click interaction? That would take the mouse out of the picture and might give you some insights on the source of the issue?

0 key on number pad also works for click swings.
rwoodworkr

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum