links 2003

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

links 2003

Postby dinesh2663 on Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:32 pm

how do i stop links 2003 minimizing on startup to desktop,keeps closing on startup please help me
dinesh2663

Re: links 2003

Postby pmgolf on Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:05 am

You don't provide much information to help anyone help you...

Minimizing to desktop on startup... Downloaded version or old installation disks? Have you installed it properly, including all patches (1.07 and nVidia)? Has it ever worked before? New computer? Laptop or desktop? If a laptop, does it have "onboard graphics" (Intel graphics plus a video card)? What operating system? Are you computer-savvy?

Don't answer part of those questions - answer all of them! Maybe someone will be able to help you then.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby dinesh2663 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:53 am

laptop hp installed links 2003 from cd can you help me video problems graphics card win 10
dinesh2663

Postby pmgolf on Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:03 am

Your solution is here:

https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=788

By the way, when those Links disks were made, the technology for your laptop and your operating system didn't exist. People have had more success getting the downloaded version of Links working that of the old installation disks and it only costs around $7.00. You will still need the help offered at the indicated web link though.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Mississippi on Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:39 pm

pmgolf wrote:
By the way, when those Links disks were made, the technology for your laptop and your operating system didn't exist. People have had more success getting the downloaded version of Links working that of the old installation disks and it only costs around $7.00.

Pete

Utter nonsense :roll:
Mississippi

Postby Adelade on Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:20 am

dinesh2663 for one thing you avoided the question about the patches, which is the first thing you should make sure you have.

Postby pmgolf on Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:26 am

Mississippi wrote:
pmgolf wrote:
By the way, when those Links disks were made, the technology for your laptop and your operating system didn't exist. People have had more success getting the downloaded version of Links working that of the old installation disks and it only costs around $7.00.

Pete

Thanks for your contribution, Mississippi.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Mississippi on Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:53 pm

pmgolf wrote:
Mississippi wrote:
pmgolf wrote:

Pete

Thanks for your contribution, Mississippi.

Pete

Here's the deal Pete, i agreed to allow you to be the man on the tech forum. I didn't agree to allow you to spew B.S. pard.
Most 1st graders these days could debunk your statement. Intel onboard graphics for laptops was available in 1998, the operating system is windows which even you will have to agree was here before links 2003. I will also venture to say that a successful install message whether via CD or downloaded installation means success. How well the game plays depends on how well one picked out a machine to play it on, and the steps they are willing to take to make it work.

If you give real advice and don't act like a pitch man, then my contribution won't be needed.
Mississippi

Postby pmgolf on Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:15 am

Excuse me, Mississippi, but I was not aware that you were the person in charge of the forums. Are you also in charge of LSPN? Are you perhaps the owner of all this? I don't remember asking your permission for anything, pard. Since you seem to think you know everything about everything, what exactly are your credentials? A Doctorate in computer science, perhaps? Or just a good ol' boy with strong opinions? The advice you give seems quite opinionated, but maybe that's just my take on it. Just so you know, I don't consider you my superior in any way, pard, and I will continue to give advice as I see fit! :evil:

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Mississippi on Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:08 am

You mad you got fact checked bro? Maybe if you google voodoo that magical software will cure your anger issues.
Mississippi

Postby Bassmaster on Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:08 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby pmgolf on Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:45 am

What, are you guys some kind of club, Bass? That's one club I sure wouldn't want to join! :lol: Miss, explain how quite a few guys have found success using what I am recommending... I wouldn't be recommending it if that wasn't the case! :D It's just one of many things that don't need your approval!

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Adelade on Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:14 am

Wow, someone here is coming across as really desperate to start something out of nothing, I wouldnt worry too much about it if I were you Pete. If someone disagreed with your initial nod to the downloads version - which in itself is fair enough - Im fairly positive it wouldnt be difficult to present such an opinion in a less antagonistic or provocative or in fact uncivil way. The 'fact checking' was totally based on someones interpretation of your words rather than what you actually said anyways. Saying your quote about technology being incorrect is like saying laptops and operating systems havent evolved at all since the early 2000s :?:

Surprised I didnt manage to stay out of this mess, oh well.

Postby rwoodworkr on Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:16 am

pmgolf wrote:...quite a few guys have found success using what I am recommending... I wouldn't be recommending it if that wasn't the case!...

I sometimes play Links on my wife's Windows 10 HP laptop. When I first tried it, the graphics were totally messed up because of the onboard graphics processor. I used the voodoo fix, and other than a couple of minor artifacts on the swing meter, Links looks and works perfect on that laptop now.
Caveat: I would definitely be careful about any type of download- do research and read all instructions. I've had no issues with malware or viruses since the download, but your results may vary.
rwoodworkr

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum