why or who setups playing conditions for games.

Put your course suggestions with round conditions and pin positions here

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

why or who setups playing conditions for games.

Postby Moyoju777 on Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:44 pm

What purpose does it serve to setup course conditions such as the ones in Silver Creek GC this week? 1st game conditions. Maximum wind and soft/slow putting.
Moyoju777

Re: why or who setups playing conditions for games.

Postby pmgolf on Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:59 am

The course conditions are usually set by the Tour Administrator - but I'm not sure who does it for the Handicap tour. Any questions about it should be directed to him, whoever he is.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby rwoodworkr on Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:24 am

pmgolf wrote:The course conditions are usually set by the Tour Administrator - but I'm not sure who does it for the Handicap tour. Any questions about it should be directed to him, whoever he is.

Pete

I think those conditions are grandfathered from about the time the game of golf was invented.

Seriously, Dave or one of the other Linksters that have been around for a while probably knows who set them up.
rwoodworkr

Postby GoBucks on Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:03 am

rwoodworkr wrote:
pmgolf wrote:The course conditions are usually set by the Tour Administrator - but I'm not sure who does it for the Handicap tour. Any questions about it should be directed to him, whoever he is.

Pete

I think those conditions are grandfathered from about the time the game of golf was invented.

Seriously, Dave or one of the other Linksters that have been around for a while probably knows who set them up.

Mark and/or David Cass use to do the setups on the main tour.I know Goesforit does the PLSA now.

Nark may be looking for volunteers. Or, if you don't like the conditions of one event, pick another one. There are four on the Main tour (8 between Chal and non-chal).
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Return to Course Suggestions