Requalify Penalty

This forum is talk to about problems you may have with Links 2001. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you have problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Requalify Penalty

Postby schda on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:27 pm

I lost connection on the 8th hole of the R1 at Inverness and was at 3 over. I requalified with two stroke penalty, bogied the first hole and my new score was at 5 over. If I am starting over the round at +2, after a bogey on the first, would I not be at +3 rather than +5?
schda

Re: Requalify Penalty

Postby tnbogeyman2 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:44 am

You posted this on the 2001 forum, did you mean to post it on the 2003? You need to repost. :lol:
tnbogeyman2

Postby gibby on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:27 am

schda wrote:I lost connection on the 8th hole of the R1 at Inverness and was at 3 over. I requalified with two stroke penalty, bogied the first hole and my new score was at 5 over. If I am starting over the round at +2, after a bogey on the first, would I not be at +3 rather than +5?

Should be, but you should have had option of 1 free resume b-4 having to requalify.
But its also possible it was picking up your previous score of +3 plus penalty +2, in some instances it will act up until you reach the hole that it failed at, that being the 8th hole.
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby TigerLarry626 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:06 pm

I have had trouble with Links 2003 on a Windows 8 operating system. I finally figured out why it was not sending the game results or being able to retrieve from my usb hard drive the courses because I did not have Administrator rights. Daaaaaaaaaaa I finally figured it out. You have to right click on the Links 2003 icon on the desk top and select "Run as Administrator". It worked like a charm and now I have been disqualified to many times so I guess I will have to wait till next week to play the games. ...
TigerLarry626

Postby BruceWallace on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:47 pm

TigerLarry626 wrote:I have had trouble with Links 2003 on a Windows 8 operating system. I finally figured out why it was not sending the game results or being able to retrieve from my usb hard drive the courses because I did not have Administrator rights. Daaaaaaaaaaa I finally figured it out. You have to right click on the Links 2003 icon on the desk top and select "Run as Administrator". It worked like a charm and now I have been disqualified to many times so I guess I will have to wait till next week to play the games. ...

You would be better off posting this in the correct forum, which is the 2003 Technical Forum, not this one, which is the 2001 Technical Forum.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Postby Dec Starr on Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi everybody

This is the first time Links 2003 V1.07 has NOT rebooted after it has crashed whilst playing online, and the VERY, VERY, VERY, FIRST time I have been -2 by hole 9 (1st round). I'm mad a hell about this. It failed to load on the 'free' reboot and finally told me to come here, only to find out I have now been given a 2 point penalty. It was the games fault NOT mine, so why the penalty.

Finally I was -2, which has taken me around 30 hours of practicing these online courses to achieve. Surely these penalties should NOT be given when its clearly the games fault for 'crashing' whilst in an online game.

From the look of the 'topic' (Requalify Penalties) there are lots of members who are most annoyed about this situation. Can you just allow the game to just continue, instead of this 2 point penalty when its clearly NOT are fault. This is finally becoming a great game (even if the greens have the surface of an ice rink) except maybe on Slow Greens.

I hope this post does SOME good for future tournaments in our great game of Links 2003.

Added Comments - After going back to this online game I finally finished +12, not impressed.

Live Long & Prosper

Dec Starr.
Dec Starr

Return to Links 2001 Technical Forum