pics can't be displayed

This forum is talk to about problems you may have with Links 2001. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you have problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

pics can't be displayed

Postby Jimboroks1 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:34 pm

for a good while , something has happened to most of my pictures have and I can't open them. Those in the polyani folder seem to be like that. even the one I recently downloaded and put in there can;t be displayed. I get the warning - "Photo gallery can't open this photo or video. This file format is not supportd or don;t have the latest updates to Photo Gallery. "

Jimboroks1
Jimboroks1

Re: pics can't be displayed

Postby BruceWallace on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:19 am

Jimboroks1 wrote:for a good while , something has happened to most of my pictures have and I can't open them. Those in the polyani folder seem to be like that. even the one I recently downloaded and put in there can;t be displayed. I get the warning - "Photo gallery can't open this photo or video. This file format is not supportd or don;t have the latest updates to Photo Gallery. "

Jimboroks1

1. Do you have Links 2001, or do you really have Links 2003?

2. Do you really store any/all of your pictures in the Links PolyAni folder, and if so, what would possess you to do that????

3. What are the files extensions of the photos that won't open? From where do you get those photos?
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Postby Jimboroks1 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:27 am

I am sorry for putting this in the wrong one ,but I do have 2003 not 2001. I put some pictures in polyani having to do with golf, not my regular pictures. However alot of my regular pictures elsewhere on my computer share the same fate as do those in polyani, they can't be opened.

jimboroks1
Jimboroks1

Postby BruceWallace on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:38 pm

Jimboroks1 wrote:I am sorry for putting this in the wrong one ,but I do have 2003 not 2001. I put some pictures in polyani having to do with golf, not my regular pictures. However alot of my regular pictures elsewhere on my computer share the same fate as do those in polyani, they can't be opened.

jimboroks1

The pictures do absolutely nothing in the PolyAni folder. Please answer the third question, above.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
BruceWallace

Postby Jimboroks1 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:44 pm

where do I put all my polyani golf pics?

jimboroks1
Jimboroks1

Postby Jimboroks1 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:41 pm

I am sorry I did not give this answer , I was thinking something else.

computer-os (c ) -program files ( x86 ) - microsoft games - Links 2003 - Polyani

Hope that is what you need , Bruce.

jimboroks1
Jimboroks1

Postby BruceWallace on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:34 pm

Jimboroks1 wrote:where do I put all my polyani golf pics?

jimboroks1

PolayAni files have a .l3 files extension on them. They are not pictures, and I am not aware of any .jpg, .bmp, or any other picture files that are supposed to be in the PolyAni folder.

The .l3 files do go into the PolyAni folder.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
BruceWallace

Postby BruceWallace on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Jimboroks1 wrote:I am sorry I did not give this answer , I was thinking something else.

computer-os (c ) -program files ( x86 ) - microsoft games - Links 2003 - Polyani

Hope that is what you need , Bruce.

jimboroks1

No, I meant are the pictures .jpg, .bmp, .gif, or some other picture file? And, where did you get them? From a camera, video camera, Internet.......
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
BruceWallace

Postby Jimboroks1 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:32 pm

They seem to have turned into another kind of file , L3 and SSF files. They were the kind of files you mentioned, but somehow they nhave changed to L3 and SSF files whatever that is.

Jimboroks1
Jimboroks1

Postby AZWilly on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:35 am

If it's the player pictures you're referring to, in Windows 7 I put mine in the C:/Program Data/Links2003/Players folder. I have GIF and jpg in there along with the standard photos of players that came with the game.
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

Postby BruceWallace on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:18 am

Jimboroks1 wrote:They seem to have turned into another kind of file , L3 and SSF files. They were the kind of files you mentioned, but somehow they nhave changed to L3 and SSF files whatever that is.

Jimboroks1

Links isn't going to change picture files into anything. The .l3 files are either the stock a-ni files included with the game, or a-nis that you have created with the Golfer Utility program.

Pictures for those a-nis go into the folder at the location that AZWilly referenced, if you are using Windows 7.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
BruceWallace

Postby ErnieB on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:54 pm

AZWilly wrote:If it's the player pictures you're referring to, in Windows 7 I put mine in the C:/Program Data/Links2003/Players folder. I have GIF and jpg in there along with the standard photos of players that came with the game.

Also, be sure to log into Windows 7 under an administrators account to see the C:/Program Data folder Jim.
ErnieB

Postby Jimboroks1 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:09 pm

The pictures I am talking about are the pictures of Toms and all those that came with the game as well as some others I have added. The ProgramData Folder is also like this ,i.e. , the pics don't show up. So the game somehow excluded these photos also. I've had to download them into the game.

jimboroks1
Jimboroks1

Postby BruceWallace on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Jimboroks1 wrote:The pictures I am talking about are the pictures of Toms and all those that came with the game as well as some others I have added. The ProgramData Folder is also like this ,i.e. , the pics don't show up. So the game somehow excluded these photos also. I've had to download them into the game.

jimboroks1

Well, those files certainly have no business being in the PolyAni folder. :shock: If you reinstalled Links, then Links would have put the stock pictures in the proper folder, which is not in the main Links folder. In XP, the proper folder is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Links 2003\Players.

Bill (AZWilly) gave you the proper folder, if Windows 7 is your operating system.

What operating system are you using?
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
BruceWallace

Postby Jimboroks1 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:48 pm

I am using Windows 7.
Jimboroks1

Next

Return to Links 2001 Technical Forum