Another problem with the free tournaments-Phoenix C C - LS

This forum is talk to about problems you may have with Links 2001. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you have problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Another problem with the free tournaments-Phoenix C C - LS

Postby Blazerman48 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:02 am

I went on line and purchased the Phoenix Country Club course from Links Country Club web site for Microsoft Courses to play in the Free 2001 Tournaments. I already had the Phoenix course but when it would not load to play, telling me that a suitable course could not be found. I figured I would have to buy the LS version on line, which according to Mark is what I already had. I purchased it but It would not install, and still have not found out why. Mark relayed that he would check into a possible problem with the course in the free 2001 tournment. I checked the Course ID code and it is the same one that I already have in my course directory. The Key numbers are evidently different as mine was not the same as the one posted. Was Mark able to evaluate what if any the problem was? I know that tormorrow the couses will change, but hopefully if the course is used again, it can be corrected so us die hard 2001 players can play it. Thanks for all your help. Blazerman 1948.
Blazerman48

Re: Another problem with the free tournaments-Phoenix C C - LS

Postby terrell on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:12 am

gibby has a non-member login, and probably every course there is, so you might pm him to give phoenix a try. dunno about the 2k1 thing though. i deleted it in the fall of 2002.
terrell

Postby fescue on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:51 am

sometimes I find I have to uninstall one or more courses (previous editions) if there are several to get links to recognize the correct one.
fescue

Postby dick_burt on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:46 pm

Could it possible be a crx file that you have?
D i c k Burt
dick_burt

Postby Blazerman48 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:39 pm

Dick_Burt No it is a crz extension. It has something to do with the key code. My course code is identical, but the key code is different. I cannot tell you why they are different, but is a genuine Microsoft Course.
Blazerman48

Postby ErnieB on Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:06 am

Delete your courses.dat file. If all your courses are in the default Links2003/courses folder, you need not do anything else (except play Links), otherwise, go back into Links and manually add your courses (as you've done before).
ErnieB

Return to Links 2001 Technical Forum