Swing meter problems

This forum is talk to about problems you may have with Links 2001. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you have problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Swing meter problems

Postby TKHawaii on Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:46 am

Well, my first problem, getting connected is solved. Next problems, I have all the LINKS courses but the game says I do not. The one I did get into LATROBE was OK except on 25% of my swings the meter goes to the 8'oclock position then to the 10'oclock position and the shot is dubbed. I am using the keyboard not my mouse.

I just logged off. Any suggestions?

TK
TKHawaii

Postby terrell on Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:57 am

is there something running in the background taking cpu cycles away from the swing meter? run task manager|click processes, click cpu twice.
terrell

Postby TKHawaii on Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:40 pm

there is a ton of stuff running when I double click CPU.
TKHawaii

Postby terrell on Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:45 pm

lol, my bad, i shoulda specified. is there a process or processes that's taking approx 20 percent of the cpu time, other than system idle process? when you're having swing meter problems, is your antivirus software looking for updates or updating?
terrell

Postby Armand on Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:36 pm

TKHawaii wrote:there is a ton of stuff running when I double click CPU.

"A ton of stuff running" may indeed be the problem. In the lower right corner of task manager, it indicates the number of processes running. I generally don't like to see more than about 30 or 40. If you have significantly more than this, list the processes here (or post a screenshot); some people can probably point out quickly what may not need to be running. If you want to tackle this more on your own, search the internet for each one of them (lsass.exe, for example) and read up on what it is, what it does, when it does things, and perhaps you can determine that you don't need it running.

Also, it would be good to know your computer specs: processor speed, HDD size and free space, RAM, virtual memory/page file settings, video card and video memory, video driver, etc.

Armand
Armand

Return to Links 2001 Technical Forum