connection failed

This forum is talk to about problems you may have with Links 2001. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you have problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

connection failed

Postby BigWheezer on Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:33 am

My friend and I both want to play this game online. But when i try to launch my game to connect to my friend it says connection failed right after Links 2001 is launched. Can anyone tell me as to why it says connection failed? We both have the same version btw.
BigWheezer

Postby Armand on Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:44 pm

I'm not familiar with online play too much, but you'll need to ensure both of you have the correct ports opened on the router(s) that either/both of you use. I can't even tell you what ports those are, but I'm sure with some searching, you'll find them on this forum or another (check http://www.linkscorner.com).

Direct connection is probably the best way to connect. Use that method rather than the LinksLobby or other Microsoft "rooms".

It may help to post you and your friend's hardware and configurations, including routers and ISPs.

Armand
Armand

Postby BigWheezer on Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:31 am

Thanks for the help. But we tried direct connection where we give each other our isps and we still can't connect. Very weird.
BigWheezer

direct conenction

Postby bouleau2 on Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:30 am

Go to PortForward.com and do what they will tell you on both routers and everything will be ok
bouleau2

Re: connection failed

Postby ccpricesc on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:42 pm

BigWheezer wrote:My friend and I both want to play this game online. But when i try to launch my game to connect to my friend it says connection failed right after Links 2001 is launched. Can anyone tell me as to why it says connection failed? We both have the same version btw.

Big Wheezer, My friend and I are having the same problem, and I/We have tried everything with no help. I am VistaX64 and he is VistaX32. I am att ADSL and he is Comcast cable. I am convinved the problem is on my end, I beleive that a router setting must have changed, when I hooked up my new pc that is the X64 model. We had no problem before when I was xpsp3. If you have found a solution please let me know.
ccpricesc

Return to Links 2001 Technical Forum