VISTA SUCKS

This forum is talk to about problems you may have with Links 2001. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you have problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

VISTA SUCKS

Postby southofheaven on Wed May 23, 2007 2:07 pm

vista sucks! i cannot play any link careers on my game :( :(
southofheaven

Postby terrell on Fri May 25, 2007 11:03 am

i'm no vista fan, but what seems to be the problem? is it a graphics issue? my nvidia mx4000 wouldn't support the aero glass feature, and kept indiscriminately omitting 3d objects when playing links 2k3 (deleted 2k1 a long time ago). so i picked up an nvidia 6200 for $35, and it works great.

you can also try playing links in xp compatibility mode. i don't think it's necessary, but worth a try.
terrell

Re: VISTA SUCKS

Postby Jimboroks1 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Can other XP games be played by changing the mode and if so how would I do it? Risk 2 won't play on Vista.
Also. My game sometimes crashes when I check up on the comditions and I wondered why. It just crashed twice on Bethpage Black.

Jimboroks1
Jimboroks1

Re: nothing wrong with vista, it's the user!

Postby terrell on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:42 am

Jimboroks1 wrote:Can other XP games be played by changing the mode and if so how would I do it? Risk 2 won't play on Vista

maybe. right click on the icon for a program/game. click properties. click the compatibility tab. tick the 'run this program in compatibility mode as' button, and choose windows xp, etc.

freefaller told me about this one. so if'n it's completly wrong...

Jimboroks1 wrote:My game sometimes crashes when I check up on the comditions and I wondered why

posted fix, compliments of maximus:

Maximus wrote:Not sure if this is it but I think this is the file that should help with crashes while viewing conditions.

http://www.lspn.net/downloads/LSPN_CRASH_FIX.exe
terrell

Re: VISTA SUCKS

Postby Jimboroks1 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:22 pm

Thank you Terrell. I lost the Risk 2, that I had bought , when I got Vista.I just played one that lasted for almost an hour ,so I guess it will work doing what you said . Thank you again.

jimboroks1
Jimboroks1

Return to Links 2001 Technical Forum