Add player

This forum is talk to about problems you may have with Links 2001. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you have problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Add player

Postby skg951 on Mon May 14, 2007 3:33 pm

I'm lost. I created an event, but I can't add a player. How do I add me as a player to anyones event?
skg951

Postby terrell on Mon May 14, 2007 3:57 pm

do you have a copy of links 2001?
terrell

Postby skg951 on Tue May 15, 2007 10:36 am

Yes.
skg951

Postby terrell on Tue May 15, 2007 11:25 am

lol. ok, 20 questions, eh? i warn you, i'm pretty good at this.

lessee, you clicked on the links 2001 icon. you chose 'online'. you chose 'the links tour'. you logged in. ya got mark's news blurb (don't worry if you don't read it, no one else does either). you chose an event. screen comes up with the conditions. then you choose a player. and you don't have any players to choose from? when you installed the game, weren't you forced to create a player?

perhaps you've inadvertently deleted your player(s) from the documents and settings folder? can you goto options|players, and recreate your player? does he show up now?

howzat?
terrell

Postby Freefaller on Tue May 15, 2007 11:26 am

Have you created a player within the Links 2001 game to use?

If not open Links 2001, click Options>Players>Create New Player. After you're done you're ready to begin playing.

To begin playing others tournaments, Open Links 2001>click Online>click The Links Tour>enter your User Name/Password>click OK>at the News screen click OK. You're now at the tournament screen, click a tournament you want to play in (make sure you have the necessary courses), click Begin play and off you go. Have fun

edit: dang you Terrell :x :)
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby terrell on Tue May 15, 2007 11:33 am

Freefaller wrote:edit: dang you Terrell :x :)

lol, lessee, that makes us free' 792, terrell 12. i'm catchin' up! (8
terrell

Postby Freefaller on Tue May 15, 2007 12:23 pm

LOL T, you're not catching up you're getting ready to lap me.
Freefaller

Postby skg951 on Tue May 15, 2007 3:59 pm

Lemme see if I can answer all of this.
I created a player in L2K1. I created an event, not sure if I gave it an end date. I've seen those on the current events and have been trying to recall. I have NOT tried going to the Links tour and logging in. Will give that shot(eagle I hope).
Thanks.
Will report on my progress.
skg951

Re: Add player

Postby tryandtyoneon on Tue May 15, 2007 6:05 pm

skg951 wrote:I'm lost. I created an event, but I can't add a player. How do I add me as a player to anyones event?

You don't "add" a player to any event, you fire up links and join an event you want to take part in
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby skg951 on Wed May 16, 2007 6:51 am

I think that the version of L2K1 is too old for online play. I've looked at a post about having to download a file and getting the response that a file by the same name exists. Guess my only option is to upgrade to L2K3.
Thanks for all the help.
skg951

Postby terrell on Wed May 16, 2007 7:17 am

skg951 wrote:I think that the version of L2K1 is too old for online play.

that's an incorrect statement. 2k1 still plays just fine online, as evidenced by the many 2k1 players we still have here.

skg951 wrote:I've looked at a post about having to download a file and getting the response that a file by the same name exists.

very possible ya might wanna pick up the 2k1 updates found here:

http://linkscountryclub.com/

and then the server update found here:

http://lspn.net/test/LSPN_Main_Site_2k1.exe

skg951 wrote:Guess my only option is to upgrade to L2K3.

that's funny. you'd trade a 7 year old game for a 5 year old game, and consider yourself up-to-date??? there are updates to 2k3 also.

but if'n you do throw in the towel and decide to go 2k3, this is the (my) preferred place for picking up a copy:

http://linkscorner.org/faq/index.php?id=9
terrell

Postby skg951 on Thu May 17, 2007 4:51 pm

OK.
I've downloaded everything I could, maybe too much. I did get into Links Tour, but there were no events available.
I did download the ceppatch.exe and after executing that, I got to the tour.
What's next? :D
And how do you get those quotes imbedded?
skg951

Postby Freefaller on Thu May 17, 2007 5:14 pm

skg951 wrote:OK.
I've downloaded everything I could, maybe too much. I did get into Links Tour, but there were no events available.

You have to fiddle with the drop down lists at the top of the tourney board to get the tourney's to show (ie since there are no Novice tournie's don't select that style of play)

skg951 wrote:And how do you get those quotes imbedded?

Use the little quote button in the top right cornet of the post you want to quote
Freefaller

Return to Links 2001 Technical Forum