links 1.21 update

This forum is talk to about problems you may have with Links 2001. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you have problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

links 1.21 update

Postby egomix on Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:14 am

regarding my last post: - I havce downloaded the 1.21 patch but it wont run - 'Missing or invalid entry/INI file' the 'X - PATCH ERROR' - OLD FILE NOT NOT - however a file of the same name was found......

So at least i know why i cannot log on. but can you help me with this?`

NB: CE121d.exe runs fine . Links121.exe is were the error occurs.
egomix

Postby terrell on Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:24 am

Links 2001 Server Update 02/24/2005
This update is required for play on the Links Tour's new server. The only update it makes is a simple registry change. This will not affect your Links 2001 installation.
Download Now 56 KB

Links 2001 & Links Championship Update v1.22
Version 1.22 addresses a slow swing meter issue and provides additional security for Tournament Play.
Information about update and link to Download

Links Championship Edition Update v1.21d
The Links Championship Edition Update v1.21d fixes an issue with hole 11 on the Robert Trent Jones Judge Course. This update will not impact multiplayer play with other v1.21 versions of Links.
Download Now 267 KB

Links 2001 Update v1.21
Note: If you have Links Championship Edition you do not need to install this update.

The Links 2001 Update v1.21 addresses many issues of Links 2001, including: swing gauges and aiming, multiplayer, fast play, statistics, new cameras, course manager updates, ball tracers, sound scripts, and much more. This update is for all International English versions (Korea included). For more details, be sure to view the README file included in the update.
Download Now (English) 11.3 MB

For German players, please continue to use the localized Links 2001 Update v1.1.
Download Now (German) 11 MB

from here:

http://linkscountryclub.com/
terrell

Postby egomix on Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:28 am

yeah. ok. well ive done all that. simple thing is Links121.exe has the error message as mentioned in my last post. can you explain the error message? (I have already tried reinstalling the update several times.
egomix

Postby Armand on Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:40 am

eogmix,

First off, Links 2001 is 4+ years ago for me, so I could be completely off-base. Nonetheless, some "usual" suggestions/questions may point you in the right direction:

Have you got the right update file downloaded?
Is the download corrupt in any way (perhaps try re-downloading).
Is your Links 2001 installation corrupted either prior to or as a result of the multiple attempts to update it?
Would a complete uninstall and reinstall of Links 2001 and it's patches resolve the issue?

Armand
Armand

Postby terrell on Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:45 am

sorry, egomix, but i got no idea. i haven't had 2k1 loaded for several years. fortunately, there are still a few 2k1 players around, so hopefully, someone will chime in more knowledgeable than me. i just thought the readme with the explanation of the updates might help.

edit: aha! thanks, armand. see, i knew someone more knowledgeable than me would show up.
terrell

Postby LaTour on Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:02 pm

I am new to this site as well and am having not a error message but downloaded the patch and it seems to say in the game Im updated but when I go to log on to the tour thru 2k1 it continues to tell me I need the update for the links tour to play. any suggestions ?
Thanks anyone
LaTour
LaTour

Postby terrell on Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:28 am

terrell

Return to Links 2001 Technical Forum