Pausing A tournament Game in Progress

This forum is talk to about problems you may have with Links 2001. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you have problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Pausing A tournament Game in Progress

Postby fundraiser on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:25 am

Can I pause and/or save a tournament game in progress and start it up later without being disqualified and if so how do I do it?
fundraiser

Re: Pausing A tournament Game in Progress

Postby BruceWallace on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:43 am

fundraiser wrote:Can I pause and/or save a tournament game in progress and start it up later without being disqualified and if so how do I do it?

You can pause the game, but don't close Links, or you will lose it. You can't save a game in progress and start it up later.

If you minimize Links, to do something else, just maximize it later, and continue playing. That is basically pausing the game, while you do something else. I would not recommend doing that, though.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Postby gibby on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:27 am

Not if playing online, the game will time out (15min at best) and disconnect from server then it shows up as abandoned. I play offline and can stop for phone & other short breaks but have had issues with score upload after putting out on 18.
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby fundraiser on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:56 am

Yah that is a real problem if an emergency arises. I guess you can ask for reinstatement if that happens. I forgot the process.
fundraiser

Postby gibby on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:10 am

fundraiser wrote:Yah that is a real problem if an emergency arises. I guess you can ask for reinstatement if that happens. I forgot the process.

Restart & game will tell you your dq'd, come back here and top right under your MY Events there will be a red requailfy line, hit that and you'll get your penalty strokes and then go back and play
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby rwoodworkr on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:56 pm

Coincidentally, this happens to me once in a while irl golf. Occasionally, I'll get a phone call out on the course, which oftentimes will delay me for 10 or 15 minutes. I'll tell my playing partners to go on ahead, I'll requalify. So after the call, I'll head back to the 1st tee, take my 2 strokes, and play away. Unfortunately, this really seems to annoy the golfers already on the 1st tee, not to mention the staff in the pro shop, but really, what other choice did I have?
rwoodworkr

Postby dick_burt on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:38 pm

rwoodworkr wrote:Coincidentally, this happens to me once in a while irl golf. Occasionally, I'll get a phone call out on the course, which oftentimes will delay me for 10 or 15 minutes. I'll tell my playing partners to go on ahead, I'll requalify. So after the call, I'll head back to the 1st tee, take my 2 strokes, and play away. Unfortunately, this really seems to annoy the golfers already on the 1st tee, not to mention the staff in the pro shop, but really, what other choice did I have?

TURN YOUR PHONE OFF & PUT IT AWAY!!!!
D i c k Burt
dick_burt

Postby BruceWallace on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:23 pm

rwoodworkr wrote:Coincidentally, this happens to me once in a while irl golf. Occasionally, I'll get a phone call out on the course, which oftentimes will delay me for 10 or 15 minutes. I'll tell my playing partners to go on ahead, I'll requalify. So after the call, I'll head back to the 1st tee, take my 2 strokes, and play away. Unfortunately, this really seems to annoy the golfers already on the 1st tee, not to mention the staff in the pro shop, but really, what other choice did I have?

Turn off your cell phone?

Edit: Sorry Dick_Burt. I did not see your reply. I was still on the post where he asked what choice he had. The answer was obvious to me, too.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
BruceWallace

Postby rwoodworkr on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:32 am

j/k... :roll:

Didn't think anyone would seriously believe I would actually restart a real round of golf and horn in on the golfers teeing off the first tee...although this might be a good way to get in some extra play.

PS: My wife doesn't always sync with my sense of humor either, so I can understand the misunderstanding. :D
rwoodworkr

Postby BruceWallace on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:54 pm

rwoodworkr wrote:j/k... :roll:

Didn't think anyone would seriously believe I would actually restart a real round of golf and horn in on the golfers teeing off the first tee...although this might be a good way to get in some extra play.

PS: My wife doesn't always sync with my sense of humor either, so I can understand the misunderstanding. :D

According to my wife, I have a strange sense of humor too. :) I have to believe her, because we have been married 47 years +. :)
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
BruceWallace

Postby rwoodworkr on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:55 pm

BruceWallace wrote:According to my wife, I have a strange sense of humor too. :) I have to believe her, because we have been married 47 years +. :)

Well, you've got me beat Bruce. Even if I combine 2 marriages, I only come to 36 years (8 + 28). Congrats on your lengthy union.
rwoodworkr

Postby fundraiser on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:24 pm

45 for me and only one wife. Well above the national average of "er" 2 years. LOL
fundraiser

Postby BruceWallace on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:51 pm

rwoodworkr wrote:
BruceWallace wrote:According to my wife, I have a strange sense of humor too. :) I have to believe her, because we have been married 47 years +. :)

Well, you've got me beat Bruce. Even if I combine 2 marriages, I only come to 36 years (8 + 28). Congrats on your lengthy union.

Thanks, and the 28 years, on your 2nd marriage, is great!

My wife waited for me, for a year when I went to Nam. She had our first born, 9 months before I got home. She went through hell too, worried I would be killed and at the same time, raising our first born. She was only 18 years old, and I was 20.

Now, 46 years later, she is going through Vietnam again, as am I, with Agent Orange killing me. She is stronger than me and encourages me to keep on keeping on. I am doing that, but I don't think it is very far down the line, and I will lose the battle. But, even with all of that, I am proud that I served my Country. This Country means a lot to me, and I love it, despite some bad sh** going on.

And, life is still good.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
BruceWallace

Postby BruceWallace on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:54 pm

And, high fives to you, fundraiser!!!
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
BruceWallace

Postby fundraiser on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Ohraah to your bruce. THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE AND i WILL PRAY THAT THE ORNGE DOES NOT GET YOU.
I was lucky. I was shot at more times in Chicago than I was in the Corps. My two brothers did not miss the show though and one did pass on in his 50s with a lot of health problems. I am glad to see a return of respect for our military. Living in NC I see it all the time. Semper Fi to you no mater the service.
fundraiser

Next

Return to Links 2001 Technical Forum