Pausing A tournament Game in Progress

This forum is talk to about problems you may have with Links 2001. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you have problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: Pausing A tournament Game in Progress

Postby rwoodworkr on Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:16 pm

I first met my wife's uncle in the Vet's hospital in Portland, OR, while he was dealing with the effects of Agent Orange. It was doing a number on his heart and other organs. That was 30 years ago, and he is still with us, his primary difficulties now being his vision and leg strength. I played many rounds of golf with him over the years, and his humor and attitude I believe helped him greatly. My dad was a Korean war vet, my ex-father-in-law was WWII, and my wife's dad was Korean war. So I hear the stories, and know the sacrifices made. I also appreciate your service Bruce (I was a high lottery no. in 1973) Hang in there, and God bless our country.
rwoodworkr

Postby BruceWallace on Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:05 am

I was U.S. Army. I volunteered for the draft. The only difference between that, and being drafted is, I could choose which branch of the service I wanted to serve in.

And, I too am glad to see the return of respect for our military. It sure the hell wasn't there when I came home from Nam.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Postby BruceWallace on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:59 am

rwoodworkr wrote:I first met my wife's uncle in the Vet's hospital in Portland, OR, while he was dealing with the effects of Agent Orange. It was doing a number on his heart and other organs. That was 30 years ago, and he is still with us, his primary difficulties now being his vision and leg strength. I played many rounds of golf with him over the years, and his humor and attitude I believe helped him greatly. My dad was a Korean war vet, my ex-father-in-law was WWII, and my wife's dad was Korean war. So I hear the stories, and know the sacrifices made. I also appreciate your service Bruce (I was a high lottery no. in 1973) Hang in there, and God bless our country.

Agent Orange took out my heart and is working on other organs in my body. It has taken the bulk of my mobility away, but I still try to walk as much as I can each day. I do not intend to give up, but some days, it is difficult to keep on going.

My father (deceased now) was a POW in Germany, for a year, during WWII. Their bomber was shot down. He was a ball turret gunner.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Previous

Return to Links 2001 Technical Forum