AM Fun Events

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

AM Fun Events

Postby Plenty_OToole on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:45 am

It is a joke that certain players will quit a round to re-qualify themselves and try to win at any cost. :oops:

What fvcking losers in reality they really are. :evil:

A 4 round event doesn't mean 5 or 6 to make 4.

Play the game in the spirit it is supposed to be played.

On that note I am out.
Plenty_OToole

Re: AM Fun Events

Postby terrell on Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:30 am

sorry, plenty, but i've never won a tournament. i need every advantage i can get. if it means 6 rounds to get within 30 strokes of dec & roy, rather than 40, i gotta take it. kobayashi maru. (8
terrell

Postby GoBucks on Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:19 am

I've been where you're at and felt what you're feeling and I found out that the higher you move up in skill level, the less you run into those with "computer issues". I think those people are why a "No-Req" league was started, or at least that's why I joined. Right now we only cater to pro(chal) and champ(chal) players. I'm not suggesting that you move up, just making an observation. And I'm not real sure you should pay attention to what terrell posted. :lol: I've played champ(chal) with T for a while and have seen that, although he'll bail out of an event for a number of reasons, he won't bail in order to restart and try to improve his score.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby terrell on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:48 am

GoBucks wrote:I've played champ(chal) with T for a while and have seen that, although he'll bail out of an event for a number of reasons, he won't bail in order to restart and try to improve his score.

well, maybe. but the most unscrupulous thing terrell does is poor mouth, and tries to gain a psychological advantage, since he has no true links' skills. (8
terrell

Postby Maximus on Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:46 pm

GoBucks wrote:I've been where you're at and felt what you're feeling

GoBucks,

I used to feel that way too.

I remember a guy who was a huge abuser of restarts back in the days of the LS Tour. I remember his name too but there's no point in naming him here because he may still play under a different name and has changed his ways.

Back then, you could look at a person's stats and see how many penalty strokes they had acquired in a season and in his lifetime career stats as well. In those days, the first restart was free so you had to restart more than once to get penalty strokes in a tournament. The guy I mentioned up above had more penalty strokes than rounds played and I'm not talking about a handful of rounds, I'm talking about hundreds of rounds played. There was one season where he had played something like 120-130 pro level rounds and his total of penalty strokes approached 200.

The thing that bothered me most wasn't all the restarts he regularly did. It was the fact so many players would talk about him on the LS Tour forum as if he was one of the better players. They'd mention his name when talk turned to the best players, how he was such a good player at pro and champ level, a real nice guy, etc... even though he was continually starting rounds over when they weren't going well. It was as if no one cared he wasn't following the unwritten golf rule that you play it where it lies. Everyone could see by his stats that he was, in a sense, cheating with all the restarts. They were certainly a big factor with his low scoring average so I could never figure out why a lot of players considered him as one of the good guys.

Now, you don't see too many players with penalty strokes and I think that's great. It means more people are playing Links the way it should be played. :)

Max
Maximus

Return to Lobby Games