Woodbridge Golf Course

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Woodbridge Golf Course

Postby TKHawaii on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:56 pm

Why did you folks ever choose this course. Sorry to say but it is a dog track. I played the first round, started the second but was so uninterested that I bailed out. There are so many neat, fun courses to choose from I cannot believe this one is in any kind of rotation.

Just my feelings.

TK
TKHawaii

Re: Woodbridge Golf Course

Postby terrell on Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:33 pm

some old bearded guy (i forget his name) once said, 'you can please some of the people all of the time. you can please all of the people some of the time. but you can't please all the people all the time'.
terrell

Postby TKHawaii on Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:26 pm

I could not agree more, just voicing my opinion. You guys run the show and I am just happy to be part of it. And you guys do a great job...not complaining a bit........just grumbling.
TKHawaii

Postby terrell on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:06 pm

pppfffttt! i grumble all the time. we all do it.

i can understand where you're coming from, tk. 'course, if you'd let go of 2k1, loosen that money clip, and play 2k3 with the rest of us fanatics, worlds would open up to you.

i haven't played 2k1 since fall 2002, so i'm not sure how many courses are available to you. or what kind of rotation mark goes through to provide tournaments. but i would think 2k1 is somewhat limited? i dunno.

perhaps you could put together a list of 2k1 compatible courses on the course list, and suggest some sort of rotation to mark? there's also some kind of dog sled saying to the effect 'if you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes'. (8
terrell

Postby TKHawaii on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:44 pm

I was one of the first to purchase Links 2003, I found the graphics poor and the "improvement" lacking, that is why I stick with 2001. I have been playing this game of Links since it came out with basically stick figures. I wrote to the game company early on and suggested the "gimme" feature as the redraw took too long. I have seen the changes and not all have made the game better (although most have).

So, it is not a matter of money. In my mind, the upgrade to 2003 was inferior.
TKHawaii

Postby BruceWallace on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:25 pm

TKHawaii wrote:I was one of the first to purchase Links 2003, I found the graphics poor and the "improvement" lacking, that is why I stick with 2001. I have been playing this game of Links since it came out with basically stick figures. I wrote to the game company early on and suggested the "gimme" feature as the redraw took too long. I have seen the changes and not all have made the game better (although most have).

So, it is not a matter of money. In my mind, the upgrade to 2003 was inferior.

If you thought the graphics in 2003 were inferior, then either you have a real old boat anchor for a computer, or you have really bad eyes.

The 2003 courses, that the designers are putting out now, are eye popping! The 2001 courses, graphics-wise, don't hold a candle to them.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Postby TKHawaii on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:48 pm

Not so much the courses, the player was stiff, and looked more like a amateur animation.
TKHawaii

Postby terrell on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:46 am

TKHawaii wrote:Not so much the courses, the player was stiff, and looked more like a amateur animation.

yeah, but the beer lady was riding around in a skimpy outfit. i'm just a red blooded american (part minbari) boy. (8
terrell

Postby TKHawaii on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:11 am

I may have to dig it out and reinstall. Geez, then I will have to find and reinstall all the courses....I must have couple hundred of em. Any problems I might have that you know about ?

Thanks,
TK
TKHawaii

Postby terrell on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:49 am

no need to reinstall courses, tk. links 2003 will install into its own directory. when you're ready to play, just goto course manager and add the course(s) you want. after installing links 2003, you'll want to download/install v1.07:

http://www.lspn.net/downloads/Links2k3_107_Final.exe

depends on your graphics card if you'll hafta edit the videocard.txt. some do, i didn't (nvidia 6200).
terrell

Postby TKHawaii on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:04 pm

I just installed 2003 on my laptop. How do I get into the LSPN network to play online. It has been years since I initially got onto the network.

TK
TKHawaii

Postby KunkleMan on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:12 am

http://www.lspn.net go to game lobby. Not much going on there these days while it's under repair, but you can go to GameRanger.com and find Links players there.
KunkleMan

Postby terrell on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:33 am

hmmm, ok, first thing you did after installing v1.03 (from disk or download) was download/install v1.07 from the link provided below (or above, i order threads newest on top).

check connection settings. uncheck use system internet settings. check connect through lan or connect manually. nothing should be checked for proxy (i'll assume you're not using a proxy, otherwise, you would be having no trouble figuring this out).

finally, as ted suggested in the other thread you have going with this same problem, make sure if you have a software firewall, e.g. norton, zonealarm (my preference), links has access.

afterthought #1:

to make sure you're pointed to the correct game server (v1.07 should take care of this for you), go here (at least on an xp machine):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Links 2003\LinksTour

verify the 'server' value is 'www.lspn.net'. if it isn't, change it.

TKHawaii wrote:I just installed 2003 on my laptop. How do I get into the LSPN network to play online. It has been years since I initially got onto the network.

TK
terrell

Postby BAMTURF on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:05 pm

I found this course to be not all that bad . I was sorry to see only a hand ful of peers join in to play this tourney
ROSELAND/ HARRY
BAMTURF

Return to Lobby Games