Game lobby question

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Game lobby question

Postby BionicWolf on Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:37 pm

LSPN comming along nicely and was just curious if there's time for the lobby polish comming soon...I use this great lobby more than I do the Tour stuff and have enjoyed the rare encounters/rounds with some of the great players i see above me on the LBoards. Just wonderin' if there's a timetable for a little "face-lift" to this great meeting place...

See ya'll in there! :D
Keep the fire...and by all means, SHINE ON
BionicWolf

Re: Game lobby question

Postby Jinxy on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:43 am

Funny you should mention that BW....

Mark has done a great job with this site, and with all the work keeping the tourneys going it seems that the live lobby has kind of been unattended. I, for one, certainly appreciate the lobby.

That being said, I just found a new place and it looks very promising. Some of the things the lobby here is sorely missing are available at the new location:

* Able to start a room and still able to chat in main
* Able to lock a room
* Support for other games
* Nice chat interface
* Supposed to be usable without messing with ports etc (remains to be seen)

This almost reminds me of Kali (old timers will remember Kali), but it is slicker, and it is free. I talked to the owner and he assures me that we won't be spammed.

http://www.gameranger.com/

PS. I am in no way associated with Gameranger, but this looks like a great alternative, certainly worth a look.

Jinx
Last edited by Jinxy on Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jinxy

Update on GameRanger

Postby Jinxy on Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:17 am

Ok, just back from testing this.

Played a round with a Vista user that could never before host, he was able to host through GameRanger. Game played perfectly.

Couple of things though. When you first launch you might get a couple of "exception errors", we found that if you just click "continue" the game will load as normal.

The chat area features a friends list (like the old Zone). Hope some of you will try it.
Jinxy

Postby Jinxy on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:21 am

Someone mentioned that Mark was working on an update to the lobby. I did not see that message anywhere. Seems like bad timing, huh?

For the record, I am a fan of Mark's and appreciate everything he has done for the game.

Cheers
Jinxy

Postby Electra5 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:43 am

Hello All who read this ,
I have just DL this new lobby and tryed it with a pard , as i have not been able to hoste a game in years .....today i hosted in Gamerangers lobby and found it to be like the old Zone . Im not dissing LSPN as ive found that Mark and all have done a gr8t job here for all us players and Teams alike , its just another place to play and hoste .

Thanks Jinxy for the chance to hoste after so many years .

Yours ELECTRA5
Electra5

Postby BionicWolf on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:23 am

lstouradmin wrote:Just so you guys know, the Game Lobby is going to be the red-headed step child for a little while - but for good reason. After I get the v1.07 patch done and add a couple new features to the tour, I'm going to make an all new Game Lobby that will be faster and easier to use. A question about this though, would you rather have a web based one as it is now, or an application that you download which would be similar to a IM messaging application?

I would love to hear feedback as to how you guys would want a new Game Lobby to work. And don't say 'just like the zone' because to be honest, I never used it.

Mark

Was the reference...Here's the link to thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2983&p=23478&hilit=Red+headed#p23478
Keep the fire...and by all means, SHINE ON
BionicWolf

Postby Jinxy on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:19 am

BionicWolf wrote:
lstouradmin wrote:Just so you guys know, the Game Lobby is going to be the red-headed step child for a little while - but for good reason. After I get the v1.07 patch done and add a couple new features to the tour, I'm going to make an all new Game Lobby that will be faster and easier to use. A question about this though, would you rather have a web based one as it is now, or an application that you download which would be similar to a IM messaging application?

I would love to hear feedback as to how you guys would want a new Game Lobby to work. And don't say 'just like the zone' because to be honest, I never used it.

Mark

Was the reference...Here's the link to thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2983&p=23478&hilit=Red+headed#p23478

Oh, that thread. I thought it was a recent statement by Mark.

Cheers
Jinxy

Postby Electra5 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:53 am

Hi Guys just been reading in links corner forum and heres a link i followed about GameRanger.

http://linkscorner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24490 think you should read it .

Electra 5 :)
Electra5

Postby HammaH on Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:00 pm

I've downloaded GameRanger, run the .exe, setup an account, but keep getting brought back to the download page. Is there a link to the lobby somewhere that I'm missing? I'm excited about this, I've never been able to connect in LSPN and miss the old Kali/Zone days.

Nevermind, I've got it. I wasn't aware that you connect by running the program.
HammaH

Postby MinuteMan on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:43 pm

MArk
Did you hear the chants raining down on the BU hockey team at Mullins the other night (during the 5-1 THRASHING by the Minutemen) ? I think it went "Sucks to BU !!"

LOL :D
MinuteMan

Postby HammaH on Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:20 pm

Hahahaha! I did see that.
HammaH

Postby Electra5 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:42 am

hi Guys
Just spoke with Scott owner of Game Ranger he has fixed the error thing in the game ......so it should work fine now . Electra 5
Electra5

Postby Jinxy on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:09 pm

Yup, the error messages are fixed. Now we need to get him to fix the Alt-Tab thing.

Jinx
Jinxy

Postby Jinxy on Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:06 am

He seems to have fixed the Alt-Tab problem.

Cheers

Jinx
Jinxy

Postby Electra5 on Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:03 am

hi Jinxy ,
Yep got a update installed today hope it fixes the alt tab thing .....as i booted myself by mistake yesterday lol .

Thanks Electra5 :D
Electra5

Return to Lobby Games