Ventrilo Help

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby AZWilly on Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:43 pm

if you have a concern, you should probably take it up with the DM team who so graciously give us a space (on their very shiny dime) to be able to talk to others for gratis. :roll:
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

venttrilo

Postby SLM_Blackwidow on Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:59 am

hi where i go to download ventrilo all i get is a phot editing programme can anyone help tyvm
SLM_Blackwidow

Postby sonnycul on Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Do not argue with an i d i o t. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
sonnycul

Re: Ventrilo Help

Postby Renee on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:31 am

Hello all,

I went to log onto Ventrilo today and received a popup window saying there's a new version out.

I'm wondering if I should upgrade to this latest and greatest flavor. I'm a little concerned that it
might not work with folks that have an older version. If someone would let me know what to do,
I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Ren
Renee

Postby RR_widowmaker on Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:16 pm

I got that same message but didn't download that new version yet. The old one is still where most meet.

Berk
RR_widowmaker

Postby AZWilly on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:36 pm

no worries...you can d/l the new version, and communicate just fine
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

Postby JDocBurns on Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:28 pm

I installed this Ventrilo but what does it have to do with playing Links with others? Is there someplace people are meeting?
Someone can call me to play or explain this to me please. Jim 562-343-1490
Jim(I'm a Happy & Lucky Man)Burns
http://www.broadjam.com/JimBurns
JDocBurns

Postby Tresclub on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:53 pm

My online golf playing partner and I have once again started playing matches, and we've been using MessengerLive to talk back and forth. Been working great, or so we thought. He has started noticing his swing meter starting to stutter a bit, and when we disconnected Messenger, his stutter went away. So, I thought I'd give Ventrilo another try. Haven't used it in a couple of years, and when I opened it, found there was a newer version available, so I just finished upgrading mine to 3.0.5.

When I open V, I got nothing but the opening little window showing the User Name (Tresclub), Server (Ventrilo) and Bindings (None). In the main window there is some text: ? MSG: Contacting server. I clicked on the -> next to Ventrilo, and see this: Hostname or IP is 67.210.230.2, Port number is 3784, but the Password field is empty. I click on Connect, everything greys out, and nothing happens. Apparently I have missed something.

Warren
Tresclub

Postby Tresclub on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:00 am

Finally got my Ventrilo working (I think), but there is no one to talk to (I think).

Went over to the DM site, and saw this:

ATTENTION:
Settings have changed for Ventrilo
The old IP settings no longer work
If you are having problems connecting
Change settings to:
Host IP: 72.249.124.58
Same Port: 6034

Making those changes is what got it working for me. Now, when Harve and I get connected in V, how do we talk to each other? I'm guessing that we need to be in the same "room", but what room do we use?

Warren
Tresclub

Postby BruceWallace on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:14 pm

Tresclub wrote:Finally got my Ventrilo working (I think), but there is no one to talk to (I think).

Went over to the DM site, and saw this:

ATTENTION:
Settings have changed for Ventrilo
The old IP settings no longer work
If you are having problems connecting
Change settings to:
Host IP: 72.249.124.58
Same Port: 6034

Making those changes is what got it working for me. Now, when Harve and I get connected in V, how do we talk to each other? I'm guessing that we need to be in the same "room", but what room do we use?

Warren

Off topic: You and Bunce still playing online?!!! You have to have Danny D and I beat, then! Dan and I, have been playing online for almost 10 years now.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Postby Tresclub on Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:50 pm

BruceWallace wrote:Off topic: You and Bunce still playing online?!!! You have to have Danny D and I beat, then! Dan and I, have been playing online for almost 10 years now.

Yup, Harvey and I play pretty regular now over on the WGT site. We been doin' this online thingy since the Saturday Morning Fun Bunce back in '92. Remember Ed "Fast Eddie" Kuhlman, Tuffy Sams?

Warren
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby BruceWallace on Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:47 am

Tresclub wrote:
BruceWallace wrote:Off topic: You and Bunce still playing online?!!! You have to have Danny D and I beat, then! Dan and I, have been playing online for almost 10 years now.

Yup, Harvey and I play pretty regular now over on the WGT site. We been doin' this online thingy since the Saturday Morning Fun Bunce back in '92. Remember Ed "Fast Eddie" Kuhlman, Tuffy Sams?
Warren

No, I don't remember them, Warren.
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
BruceWallace

Postby Tresclub on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:45 am

Ed "Fast Eddie" Kuhlman is the one who shot the 37 at Harbor Town.

Warren
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby BruceWallace on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Tresclub wrote:Ed "Fast Eddie" Kuhlman is the one who shot the 37 at Harbor Town.

Warren

Ahh, I think I remember now. Is he the one, who shot over the water, from the tee, on the Par 5 hole and reached the green, in an early version of Links?
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
BruceWallace

Postby Tresclub on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:59 pm

BruceWallace wrote:
Tresclub wrote:Ed "Fast Eddie" Kuhlman is the one who shot the 37 at Harbor Town.
Warren

Ahh, I think I remember now. Is he the one, who shot over the water, from the tee, on the Par 5 hole and reached the green, in an early version of Links?

Yes, but it was something that most players could do... in those early version of Links.

Warren
Tresclub

PreviousNext

Return to Lobby Games