Connecting to tournaments

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Connecting to tournaments

Postby Ian-C on Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:15 am

Hi All

I have been playing Links on and off for years, since i had an Amiga. I have recently got a new Dell PC which runs Links 2003 without having to wait ages for the screen to render and it taking ages to play a game. I was disappointed to see the Zone has gone and i found this site when searching for on-line games.

After signing up as a casual player, i tried to plat one of the amateur games listed on the Links Tour page in Links. When i click the begin game button it takes me to another page called Game Listing but this never seems to connect. All i get is in the game name column "Connecting" and it never connects.

I have setup the port forwarding on my router on ports 2300 to 2400, 6073 and 47624 and made sure the Links game is allowed through my firewall, I have even turned off the firewall (temporarily) to see if that fixes the problem. I am assuming that is all working because i get the tournaments listed on the Links Tour page but in the Game Listing page it shows the status as not connected.

I have tried changing the connection settings from "Use System Internet Settings" To "Connect through LAN" and on both options it works as far as the Links Tour page but i cant get any further.

Anyone got any suggestions on what i need to do to get it working.

Regards
Ian

EDIT: I think i have found the problem, Under Game Setting in the Links Tour page i had Multiplayer selected, changing this to single player now allows me into the rounds.

I have left this post incase anyone else has the same problems.
Ian-C

Return to Lobby Games