launching problem

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

launching problem

Postby radar284 on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:22 am

in the lobby , when launching a game , my computer starts a download , and when finishes download, gives me following message , download failed: server did not specify content length. what am i doing wrong? please help!
radar284

Re: launching problem

Postby lstouradmin on Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:11 am

Which browser are you using?
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby radar284 on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:45 pm

am using explorer
radar284

Postby lstouradmin on Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:43 pm

Will you try using Firefox and see if that makes a difference for you?

Thanks,

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby radar284 on Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:38 pm

still having same problem,when i launch game and get download , error message comes up 'may contain virus ,click ok to continue" when i click ok , get error message server did not specify content length.
radar284

Postby lstouradmin on Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:43 pm

Can you take a screen shot of the error message when it comes up and email it to me at helpme@lspn.net?

Thanks,

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby radar284 on Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:51 pm

after reading other problem letters about portforwarding , lobby room will only work with tournament games , and am just trying to play a fun game . is this my problem?
radar284

Postby lstouradmin on Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:01 pm

Nope. you've got that backwards. The Game Lobby does NOT support tournaments. It's only for fun.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby radar284 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:52 pm

think i have portforwarding problem corrected, launch game and have links 2003 running in background, and after downloading file, takes me to "links 2003" on line games page , which setting do i use? the links tour, direct connection, or links match maker?
radar284

Postby lstouradmin on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:39 pm

radar284 wrote:think i have portforwarding problem corrected, launch game and have links 2003 running in background, and after downloading file, takes me to "links 2003" on line games page , which setting do i use? the links tour, direct connection, or links match maker?

First, make sure Links is not running while in the Game Lobby. Then when you're in the lobby and you're in a room. You should get a launch button. Clicking that will download a small application which will launch Links 2003 automatically and take you to the right place.

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby radar284 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:24 am

bro man i finally got it ( 2 weeks plus.....lol) thanks for all your help
radar284

Postby byros on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:15 am

Hi, I wonder if any of you experts can help me here. I try to join a game...click the start button and the only thing that happens is launching remains and thats it....no run to click...no download..
I'm using explorer...all my popups have been unblocked...can any one help please??
thanks
Byron
byros

Postby txTarHeel on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:20 am

byros wrote:Hi, I wonder if any of you experts can help me here. I try to join a game...click the start button and the only thing that happens is launching remains and thats it....no run to click...no download..
I'm using explorer...all my popups have been unblocked...can any one help please??

I'm no expert, but try this...

The next time you try to join a game and you see the "Start" button appear, press the "Ctrl" button (and keep holding it down) and then click on the "Start" button. Even though you have your browser set to allow popups from LSPN, you still may have something preventing the popup window. Hopefully, holding the Ctrl button down while you select Start will get you the popup that allows you to Run or Save. If so, I personally recommend saving (to the Desktop, for example) and then double-clicking the file you just downloaded to launch Links. That way, if you get errors, you can simply double-click it again.

HTH.
txTarHeel

Postby byros on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:32 pm

Thanks...it works CTRL is the right button...but now I'm stuck with....game launches..Links opens but gives online play..connection failed. I hope you also have a solution for this!! :P

Thanks again.

PS: I guess you now know I'm a rookie here :oops:

Byron
byros

Postby tryandtyoneon on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:39 pm

byros wrote:Thanks...it works CTRL is the right button...but now I'm stuck with....game launches..Links opens but gives online play..connection failed. I hope you also have a solution for this!! :P

Thanks again.

PS: I guess you now know I'm a rookie here :oops:

Byron

Now that you got this far, sounds like your router needs to be configured for head to head play.

Add Links as an exception in your Windows security centre

Internet explorer security needs to be lowered to Med-low

Go to http://portforward.com/ .....find your exact router model and follow the step by step procedures for opening ports to allow Links to communicate with other players.

Report back if/when you have a problem
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Return to Lobby Games