Crashing - Tournament Does Not Allow Requalifying

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Crashing - Tournament Does Not Allow Requalifying

Postby mpare on Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:53 am

This pet peeve may be unique to me, but the one thing that really frustrates me is not being able to requalify when Links crashes. Now, I know all about the recommended ways of protecting against such crashes. The fact is though that they still happen all too frequently. A case in point. I was just playing in an four round event on Bethpage Black and had a great score in the making - 15 under par playing the 18th hole. After having put the tee shot in the middle of the green, the program crashed as I hit my second shot. As usual, the Links 2003 message pops up asking if I'd like to resume the game. Absolutely. Unfortunately, this event would not allow me to do so, nor would it allow me to requalify. I wonder how many potential players simply give up playing these events because of these inanities?
mpare

Postby terrell on Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:17 am

to requalify, or not to requalify, or what the penalty should be, has been one of the most debated subjects on these fora over the years. i'm extremely amazed you've never read about it. personally, i don't care how many times players requalify, doesn't make any difference to me, i still enjoy playing no matter what you shoot.

but the vocal minority/majority deemed requalifying, for anything other than a technical issue, is a no-no. and given the crap computers i've had over the years, technical issues should be sparse. if you're constantly crashing, post in the technical forums, there are plenty of propeller head types floating about more than willing to help.
terrell

Postby GoBucks on Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:28 am

mpare, if you're referring to the "8th of 9 No Req" tourney, it is part of a series of tournaments that do not allow requalification. It was set up as a season to accomodate some players who don't typically see the need for requalifying. There have been some issues along the way, and the qualifying numbers have dwindled somewhat.

If this is the tournament that you're talking about, you've suffered a bad break along with some other players.

If this is not the tournament you're talking about, never mind.

Dave
GoBucks

Postby gibby on Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:32 am

Looking at the scoreboard it was the NO REQ tour event.
You havn't played all of them anyway
gibby

Postby mpare on Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:44 am

That is the tournament that I was playing in. I had not realized that it was one of a series. It's obviously not one that I'll bother with any longer.

Thanks for the help.

GoBucks wrote:mpare, if you're referring to the "8th of 9 No Req" tourney, it is part of a series of tournaments that do not allow requalification. It was set up as a season to accomodate some players who don't typically see the need for requalifying. There have been some issues along the way, and the qualifying numbers have dwindled somewhat.

If this is the tournament that you're talking about, you've suffered a bad break along with some other players.

If this is not the tournament you're talking about, never mind.

Dave
mpare

Postby mpare on Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:44 am

Somehow I don't find that particularly comforting.

gibby wrote:Looking at the scoreboard it was the NO REQ tour event.
You havn't played all of them anyway
mpare

Postby BAMTURF on Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:39 pm

when you crash sometimes you have to reenter twice . the first time after it says "sorry can not enter tournament " you back out and go in again . watch for other tournaments to pop up after we all move to the new website . Be patient .
ROSELAND/ HARRY
BAMTURF

Return to Lobby Games