Match Maker Play????

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Match Maker Play????

Postby huskerhoule81 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:31 am

Hi all. I just got back started playing Links golf, 2003 version, and the new online play is giving me trouble. I am trying to host games on the LSN web site. Like I've read with others, I cannot host, but am able to join. I see a lot of talk about issues with routers. I'm online through a basic Motorola cable modem. I have also shut all protections off. When I host a game, someone will join and I will launch the game. I get to the Links game screen where I'm waiting to see the other players name pop up and this is where I stall out at. I never see the other players name appear to begin setting up the game. Can some one please help a returning Linkster out? :(
huskerhoule81

Postby jeff1955 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:35 am

Hey Husker ...

Sadly M$ have finally withdrawn support for Links MatchMaker play and so its MatchMaker RIP. The only way you will get to play onscreen h2h is by using the Direct Connect facility. At the present time DC will not pass stats to the LSPN server and so we are limited to funners by this method. This may change so keep watching.

Jeff
"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes" - Roy Batty
jeff1955

Postby tryandtyoneon on Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:27 am

jeff1955 wrote:Hey Husker ...

Sadly M$ have finally withdrawn support for Links MatchMaker play and so its MatchMaker RIP. The only way you will get to play onscreen h2h is by using the Direct Connect facility. At the present time DC will not pass stats to the LSPN server and so we are limited to funners by this method. This may change so keep watching.

Jeff

He's talking about matchmaker at this site, the one that still works
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Re: Match Maker Play????

Postby tryandtyoneon on Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:28 am

huskerhoule81 wrote:Hi all. I just got back started playing Links golf, 2003 version, and the new online play is giving me trouble. I am trying to host games on the LSN web site. Like I've read with others, I cannot host, but am able to join. I see a lot of talk about issues with routers. I'm online through a basic Motorola cable modem. I have also shut all protections off. When I host a game, someone will join and I will launch the game. I get to the Links game screen where I'm waiting to see the other players name pop up and this is where I stall out at. I never see the other players name appear to begin setting up the game. Can some one please help a returning Linkster out? :(

If nobody with useful info pops in here, I'll get back to you this afternoon

tryandtyoneon

Postby jeff1955 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:45 am

Apologies Husker, I thought you were asking about the In-game Matchmaker, thx for clearing that up Murray ... :oops:

Jeff
"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes" - Roy Batty
jeff1955

Re: Match Maker Play????

Postby tryandtyoneon on Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:25 pm

huskerhoule81 wrote:Hi all. I just got back started playing Links golf, 2003 version, and the new online play is giving me trouble. I am trying to host games on the LSN web site. Like I've read with others, I cannot host, but am able to join. I see a lot of talk about issues with routers. I'm online through a basic Motorola cable modem. I have also shut all protections off. When I host a game, someone will join and I will launch the game. I get to the Links game screen where I'm waiting to see the other players name pop up and this is where I stall out at. I never see the other players name appear to begin setting up the game. Can some one please help a returning Linkster out? :(

If you're running EI7.......ya need to lower security settings to med-low......make sure Links2003 program is listed as an exception in your security centre......With no router issues if you're not using one, those 2 things should be the only thing stopping you.

tryandtyoneon

Postby huskerhoule81 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:55 pm

thanks guys! I think I've made the change in settings, but I will double check it and give it a shot!
huskerhoule81

Postby Zer0Zer06 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:55 pm

For the longest time I also could not host in Match Maker ( I could start a game but
apparently no one could join ). So I did some research, made a few changes & now I can .
But exactly what changes allowed me to host, I cannot say. However, in my IE6 : Tools/
Internet Options/Security/Trusted sites/Sites is found the following:

lstour.colorshift-inc.com
http://www.lspn.net
https//www.lstour.com

I recently switched to using My ISP’s proxy server
Check out http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/index.html - (it refers to the old Zone)
Have cable & not on a router
Zer0Zer06

Return to Lobby Games