Match Maker

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Match Maker

Postby jvgolfer on Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:46 am

The in-game Match Maker seems to be down. Is there anyway for two people to play LSPN events using the web site Match Maker. Any help would be appreciated, thank You.

Jim
Links Golf...The worst darn fun I ever had.
jvgolfer

Postby terrell on Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:58 am

terrell

Re: Match Maker

Postby tryandtyoneon on Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:59 pm

jvgolfer wrote:The in-game Match Maker seems to be down. Is there anyway for two people to play LSPN events using the web site Match Maker. Any help would be appreciated, thank You.

Jim

Nope. You can connect for a funner with Direct connection but the in-game matchmaker is the only way to play any events from this site
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby James70124 on Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:25 pm

Hi, I know what you are talking about in regards to the in-game matchmaker. I cannot get it to work either, even when I try my dialup. What's going on? And if you have to use the in-game matchmaker to play LPSN tour events, how can you possibly play them if you can't get the in-game matchmaker to work?
James70124

Postby jeff1955 on Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:23 am

Hi, I know what you are talking about in regards to the in-game matchmaker. I cannot get it to work either, even when I try my dialup. What's going on?

Sadly Matchmaker is no longer supported ...

And if you have to use the in-game matchmaker to play LPSN tour events, how can you possibly play them if you can't get the in-game matchmaker to work?

You don't have to use Matchmaker to play LSPN tournaments ... but you can only play them solo, either online or offline. You can still use Direct Connect to play h2h but the stats for the round cannot be collected by the server (yet?) so funners only :(

Jeff
"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes" - Roy Batty
jeff1955

Postby James70124 on Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:31 am

Thanks for the reply Jeff, I appreciate it. Regards, Jimmy.
James70124

Postby jeff1955 on Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:32 pm

No problem Jimmy, sorry the news is bad!

There are some gr8 improvements on the way with a new version 1.07 which by all accounts is nearing useability. I know one of the things the guys are trying for is to get Direct Connect to pass game stats to the LSPN server. If that happens then we can use Direct Connect pretty much like we used Matchmaker. Thats all in the future so keep an eye out on here for further news.

Hope the golf goes well :)

Jeff
jeff1955

Postby James70124 on Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:53 pm

Hi Jeff,

Yes the news is a little bad I guess, because a few guys I used to see on the in-game matchmaker, I do not see them on the website matchmaker. But I still play a decent bit on the website matchmaker and it is working fine for me, except those sporadic pre-game and in-game connection fails, drops, etc...

I do find the 1.07 version you mentioned to be very interesting. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. It's the first I heard of it. Would that work in-game, or on the linkssports.net website? And if they get that direct connect working like matchmaker, I hope it would also help the instability issues that many of us out here experience.

Thanks again Jeff. Regards, Jimmy.
James70124

Postby jeff1955 on Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:46 am

As far as I know (and there are many guys on here who know a great deal more than I do!) 1.07 will work in game, it will be the next 'mod' containing the best bits of 1.06 and adding new features such as a 'gusty' wind option. Should be fun!

If you stick a search in here for mod v1.07 you'll get a list of all the message traffic about it from the last few weeks/months.

here's a good update - http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... hlight=mod

Jeff
jeff1955

Return to Lobby Games