Port Forwarding Instructions

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Port Forwarding Instructions

Postby lstouradmin on Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:22 am

Use this to set up your router for port forwarding. Otherwise you may get connection issues when playing in the Match Maker.

http://www.portforward.com/english/appl ... sindex.htm

Mark
lstouradmin
Site Admin

Postby zoolo on Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:42 am

Hi Mark,

i do have the prob that in match maker, i can only join a game, but i cannot host . If I try to host, my partners get the message "connection failed". Furthermore, when i join a game with more then 2 players, after my turn, i dont see the next player playin.... it hangs at that point....the others are already waiting for me to come up again, while im still waiting to see the next player take his turn. I changed my Internet connection to a fixed IP and also forwarded my router as described in your posting. It didnt do any bad, but it also didnt solve the problem.....Since i still run my pc under W2K, the prob cant be caused by the XP Firewall either. I already had my router settings checked by an MCSA Friend of mine, she found no mistakes in the setup..

Do you have any more suggestions or hints, what could cause the problem?? Right now i can only join a 1v1 game or play on tour, anything else wont work......

sincerely yours
zoolo vienna austria
zoolo

i have linls 2003, i need to know what ports need forwarde

Postby Fredrick35 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:39 pm

i need to know what ports that need forwarded, you can email me, frizzo3911@msn.com
Fredrick35

Re: i have linls 2003, i need to know what ports need forwar

Postby Al_Frescoe on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:26 pm

Fredrick35 wrote:i need to know what ports that need forwarded, you can email me, frizzo3911@msn.com

If you go to that site and follow the instructions you will know what ports to forward.

By the way, I just had a look at that port forwarding site, it is very comprehensive and lists just about every model of router imaginable. I looked up my model and the instructions were very easy to follow and included screen shots. Kudos to whoever runs that site.
Al_Frescoe

i tried, mine isnt as easy as it looks on the site..

Postby Fredrick35 on Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:16 am

i have a westell versalink dsl / modem combo.. that site lists it, but i followed it, didnt work
Fredrick35

Re: i tried, mine isnt as easy as it looks on the site..

Postby Al_Frescoe on Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:29 am

Fredrick35 wrote:i have a westell versalink dsl / modem combo.. that site lists it, but i followed it, didnt work

I checked that site and your model (Westell Versalink 327W). Once again I am amazed at the patience of whoever put together that site. All of the information is there for you. If you followed those instructions to the letter you should be good to go.

Don't know what else to tell you.

Good luck

Al
Al_Frescoe

Postby doobius on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:56 pm

How about for those of us who already know where and how to port forward through our own equipment...we just need the PORT NUMBERS, and that's all. I had a txt file with all this in it at one time but have lost track of it over the past year - or - so of moving....

Thanks
Doob
doobius

port forwarding

Postby Fredrick35 on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:35 pm

I followed that and cannot connect, i was able to connect to vatsim ( server, etc for flight simulator ) i had to install other stuff besides forwarding ports..

can someone go voice on yahoo messenger? fredrick_6000 is my id

fredrick
Fredrick35

Postby terrell on Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:13 am

doobius wrote:How about for those of us who already know where and how to port forward through our own equipment...we just need the PORT NUMBERS, and that's all. I had a txt file with all this in it at one time but have lost track of it over the past year - or - so of moving....

Thanks
Doob

the specific port numbers you need are included at the site for which mark has provided a link. after you choose your specific router, scroll down to where the custom service (links) is added, and it details the ports that need to be added.

i might add, per steve pitts' instructions once upon a time, he found you needed to forward port 80 also. i dunno why, but it worked for some.
terrell

port forwarding....

Postby Fredrick35 on Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:33 am

I forwarded all of the ports listed including 80, still cannot connect..

i reinstalled links 2003 in case it was a bad install, still same...

fredrick
Fredrick35

Postby terrell on Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:18 am

the next best thing is to click on the match maker tab, and hang around until you find someone who can walk you through what you're doing wrong. sometimes when those guys smell new blood, they'll be more than willing to get you started. 'course you may have to give up your first born, rent out your spouse/gf/bf, etc. (8
terrell

Re: Port Forwarding Instructions

Postby bouleau2 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:28 pm

lstouradmin wrote:Use this to set up your router for port forwarding. Otherwise you may get connection issues when playing in the Match Maker.

Mark
I have a new modem/router Bell071 and nobody can connect with me to play, where can I find the setup for that modem ?
bouleau2

Postby tryandtyoneon on Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:19 pm

bouleau2 wrote:
lstouradmin wrote:Use this to set up your router for port forwarding. Otherwise you may get connection issues when playing in the Match Maker.

Mark
I have a new modem/router Bell071 and nobody can connect with me to play, where can I find the setup for that modem ?

Bell071 doesn't even get a hit on google...............you sure about the name/model?
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby terrell on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:32 am

tryandtyoneon wrote:Bell071 doesn't even get a hit on google...............you sure about the name/model?

thanks, murray, for confirming. i searched through every bell/sympatico product made last night, and came up empty.

edit: i was searching for bell+sympatico+modem+router+071, perused a coupla pages of hits, and saw nothing familiar.
terrell

Postby bouleau2 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:39 am

tryandtyoneon wrote:
bouleau2 wrote:

Mark

Bell071 doesn't even get a hit on google...............you sure about the name/model?
I just found it : it is a 2wire 2701HG00
bouleau2

Next

Return to Lobby Games