This LSPN does not work

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

This LSPN does not work

Postby HHz Refugee on Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:35 am

Back to square one; Had this prob since the beginning. I have setup port forwarding. I have instructed firewall to allow Links. I have submitted Links Sports Net as a Trusted Site. I've read all posts and I don't see a remedy. I can't host or join a game. I can refresh until the cows come home, still not gonna work.

Here's the error message I get:

"The Directplay game could not be launched: 80070057 failed to start application"

Please help me out. I want to make full use of LSPN and even contribute.
HHz Refugee

Postby AZWilly on Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:54 am

seems you're not alone...I typed in "80070057 failed" in the search above...not sure it'll help, but might be helpful.
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

Re: This LSPN does not work

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:58 pm

HHz Refugee wrote:Back to square one; Had this prob since the beginning. I have setup port forwarding. I have instructed firewall to allow Links. I have submitted Links Sports Net as a Trusted Site. I've read all posts and I don't see a remedy. I can't host or join a game. I can refresh until the cows come home, still not gonna work.

"The Directplay game could not be launched: 80070057 failed to start application"

Have you allowed "pop-ups"?
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Re: This LSPN does not work

Postby canuck on Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:02 pm

tryandtyoneon wrote:
HHz Refugee wrote:Back to square one; Had this prob since the beginning. I have setup port forwarding. I have instructed firewall to allow Links. I have submitted Links Sports Net as a Trusted Site. I've read all posts and I don't see a remedy. I can't host or join a game. I can refresh until the cows come home, still not gonna work.

Have you allowed "pop-ups"?
yes he has, i went through this all in vent and the lobby with him.
the problem he has is this http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15&highlight=80070057
he needs to contact mark hulka for a tweeked launcher
canuck

Postby Renee on Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:48 pm

Could it possibly be a problem with DirectX. For some reason mine went flaky today and I was receiving a similar error. I went to start, then run and typed in dxdiag(to try and troubleshoot) and it showed a file was missing. So off to Microsoft downloads for DirectX 9.0C. Downloaded and restarted the pc after the install, just to be on the safe side. Now I am back in business.

If only they had an autosnap download...I looked.
Renee

Postby HHz Refugee on Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:36 pm

I'm certain that at this point, the problem is in the egolaunch application. I have done the port forwarding, upgraded to DirectX 10, pulled the firewall down, defeated anti-virus, anti-spyware, pulled Internet Security down to medium low, tried FireFox, re-installed Links and just for good measure, I put my fist through the case. Heh, I needed extra ventilation anyway.
HHz Refugee

Postby Renee on Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:39 pm

What kind of set up do you have that you need a specially tweaked launcher? I know my router and I have issues and I can't host because of them, but I can still join.
Renee

Postby GDI_Coyote on Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:08 am

This may work for you.Delete all temp files and cookies/open "regedit" and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then to SOFTWARE and delete this.."Ricken"(thats the game launcher for here).Log back into the site and fire up a game.When you launch you will have to reinstall the launcher so ask anyone going with you to wait a bit before ticking on the launch button.Hope this works for you Ref.

Steve
If i bother you,go away.
GDI_Coyote

Return to Lobby Games