connection failed ip not found but i can play the tours

Talk about and set up lobby matches here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

connection failed ip not found but i can play the tours

Postby chipotle on Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:36 am

every time i try to direct connect the other person says they can't find my ip address even though i have the game open and am waiting for them to join. when i try to connect via match maker i download and run the file ok and links 2003 starts but i get a message connection failed when i try to join someone elses game. when i host, i download and run the file ok and then i get to pick start a new game or continue an exisiting. i select start new game and it goes to the ip screen and i wait and wait but no one else shows up to join. i do not have a router and i turned my windows firewall off. i can however play the tours so i know there is some connection to the internet. the one thing i'm thinking is that my internet provider has some sort of firewall and there is nothing i can do about it. my internet is provided by my college and they are very "secuirty" concious. i hope there is something i am missing. i want to play with someone else. any suggestions?
chipotle

Re: connection failed ip not found but i can play the tours

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:22 am

chipotle wrote:every time i try to direct connect the other person says they can't find my ip address even though i have the game open and am waiting for them to join. when i try to connect via match maker i download and run the file ok and links 2003 starts but i get a message connection failed when i try to join someone elses game. when i host, i download and run the file ok and then i get to pick start a new game or continue an exisiting. i select start new game and it goes to the ip screen and i wait and wait but no one else shows up to join. i do not have a router and i turned my windows firewall off. i can however play the tours so i know there is some connection to the internet. the one thing i'm thinking is that my internet provider has some sort of firewall and there is nothing i can do about it. my internet is provided by my college and they are very "secuirty" concious. i hope there is something i am missing. i want to play with someone else. any suggestions?

Nothing you can do..........chances are, the college is behind a firewall that you can not control.... ya need your own connection where you can manipulate firewall settings
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Return to Lobby Games