requalify

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

requalify

Postby chobbs on Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:08 am

how do i requalify try to but cant seem to find it please help me
chobbs

Postby terrell on Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:26 am

theoretically, if (tournaments have to be set up to allow requalifying. not all do, nor do i know how to know unless you contact the tournament creator) a tournament allows requalification, there should be a requalify icon (i have no idea what it looks like) next to the tournament on the main page. click that to requalify.

note: sorry to respond though i know nothing about requalifying. past experience says some peeps spas(m) out if there are no responses to their questions.
terrell

Postby Freefaller on Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:09 am

Like Terrell said tourney creator's sometimes don't allow reQ's so the fol may not apply to you. On the upper right side of the "Home" page you will see a box entitled "My Events", in there is a sub heading entitled "Competing In". There you should see the tournament you're enquiring about, beside the tourney title there may be what looks to be two arrows chasing each other, if this is there click it and you will be requalified, if it is not there the creator did not allow reQ's and you're SOL.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby tryandtyoneon on Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:15 pm

Freefaller wrote:Like Terrell said tourney creator's sometimes don't allow reQ's so the fol may not apply to you. On the upper right side of the "Home" page you will see a box entitled "My Events", in there is a sub heading entitled "Competing In". There you should see the tournament you're enquiring about, beside the tourney title there may be what looks to be two arrows chasing each other, if this is there click it and you will be requalified, if it is not there the creator did not allow reQ's and you're SOL.

Icon is there either way, it's when you click it that you find out if you can requal or not
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Bluenoser on Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:26 pm

tryandtyoneon wrote:Icon is there either way, it's when you click it that you find out if you can requal or not

As far as I can tell, the icon is only there if requals are enabled. I've never seen it in any events I've created or played in.
Links - it's not about winning, it's about having fun.
Bluenoser

Postby KCJammer on Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:58 pm

tryandtyoneon wrote:
Icon is there either way, it's when you click it that you find out if you can requal or not

I think the icon is there only for tournies in which it's possible to requalify. So it may be there for you to click, but you may not always be permitted to reQ because you may have already used up your allotment of reQ's.
KCJammer

Postby tryandtyoneon on Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:25 pm

KCJammer wrote:
tryandtyoneon wrote:

I think the icon is there only for tournies in which it's possible to requalify. So it may be there for you to click, but you may not always be permitted to reQ because you may have already used up your allotment of reQ's.

If you get dq'd.....the icon shows up no matter if requals are available....you won't see the icon until you've been dq'd....but it showing up doesn't mean you are able to requal.....ya find that mystery out when ya click it
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby KCJammer on Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:25 pm

tryandtyoneon wrote:
KCJammer wrote:
tryandtyoneon wrote:

If you get dq'd.....the icon shows up no matter if requals are available....you won't see the icon until you've been dq'd....but it showing up doesn't mean you are able to requal.....ya find that mystery out when ya click it

Interesting. Thanks for clarifying.
KCJammer

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:28 pm

that's why i've been putting "no reQ" in the title of my event lately, so that players know what they're getting into. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby KCJammer on Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:47 pm

This discussion illustrates to me that the reQ process remains, at best, unclear to more than a few. Here's hoping that it will be made a little more user-friendly in v1.0.
KCJammer

Postby Roughrider on Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:37 pm

yeah, like infinite requals or maybe requalify until you have it right!
RR
Roughrider

Return to Talk About It