Server problem?

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Server problem?

Postby OlderThanDirt on Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:39 pm

Stats would not submit after just finishing last round in ammy tourny. Trying to resubmit after re-logging in. Have tried to resubmit over a dozen times. Anyone else having problems?

No biggee, as these are all funners to me, but still curious.

Chris
OlderThanDirt

Postby Trapiche4 on Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:47 pm

Have had some similar problems so started playing offline(really miss the scoreboard). All was going well til yesterday; lost a round with a double eagle and an ace on a par 4.
Mark assures me that this will be less apt to happen when the "real" tour starts.
Trapiche4

Postby OlderThanDirt on Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:04 pm

Update: It still won't accept my stats, but I just checked the tourny stats ("1Soft1") through the home page here and it has posted the correct stats for me.
How bloody odd.

Confused Chris
OlderThanDirt

Postby B118C on Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:07 pm

Chris, when I played in the Wack N Hack elite Open and finished round 2, I got the same message, saying that my stats were not submitted and that I would have to resubmit them when I logged in the next time. However, before I backed out of the game, I checked the leaderboard which showed my 2nd round total score up on the board.
Then when I logged in next time, the game asked me if I wanted to resubmit my stats and I clicked yes just to see what it would do. Of course it replied "Unable to submit stats. Do you want to try again?" So I did a few more times, but got the same reply.
So I clicked on NO and it told me that I would be disqualified from the tournament. But I had no other choice but to take the chance, so I clicked ok and went on into the game screen. It showed that I had not played round 2 yet, even though I did, so I clicked on start game and it took me right to round 3 where I was really supposed to be. So I didn't really lose anything and I figured it to be just a glitch. That's the only time this has happened to me so far when I play in a tourney.
I hope this info helps. :)
Bill
B118C

Postby OlderThanDirt on Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:44 pm

Thanks, Bill. That's a perfect description of what took place with me too, except that since I had just finished the last round, there's no way for me to see if I could've continued.

I hope Mark is aware of this glitch.
OlderThanDirt

Postby B118C on Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:52 pm

You're welcome, Chris. I agree. I hope Mark is aware of it, too. Unless someone corrects me, I think it's a fairly new glitch as I haven't seen where anyone has posted about it before.
Bill
B118C

Postby OlderThanDirt on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:05 am

Mark: FYI - This same thing happened again @ hole 5, 1st round, in the Sandy Open (Ammy at Troon). Lost connection to the server/leaderboard. My internet connection was working fine (very high speed DSL), so that's not the problem.

Hope you can fix this because I frankly don't care to play offline. Kinda takes the fun out of it for me.

Thx, Chris
Chris

Golf is like s e x: Never perfect, always good.
OlderThanDirt

Postby terrell on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:54 am

if you guys have been playing on the test site, you'll notice submission of stats is infinitely faster than here at the main site. i have had no problems playing online, however, stats submission usually takes several seconds before completing. on the test site, it's been almost instantaneous.

there's no guarantee there will be no more problems with stats submission when mark moves everything from the test site to here, but i'm hazarding a guess it will be greatly improved. (8
terrell

Postby AZWilly on Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:11 am

Interesting, or maybe not...anyway, was playing "a martini or 7" on this site, got to hole 9, and score quit keeping up (usually a sign of impending DQ for me, as it was when all was said and done). Played the same tournie on the test site (Thanks Billjr. : ) and all worked well. Played basically same speed (about 20 minutes), and honestly tried to recreate the shots. Just a FYI?
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

Postby Bruce Bo on Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:56 am

Terrell is exactly right.

the glitches here, have been or are being addressed. when the test site is 100% it will be relocated 'here' and over-write everything (if i've understood him correctly). i wouldnt expect any corrections to be done 'here'.. and as Terrell points out, the test site of things is working much better. come on over! :)
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby terrell on Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:42 am

@tt_azwilly

i saw your post on the test site, and thought you should post it here. good job.

@bruce

it doesn't happen often, bruce, but i'll take all of 'em i can get. (8
terrell

Postby kracken on Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:23 am

Have encountered all these problems. I found that if I play offline, Iam less likely to lose my stats. Bdfore backing out however, check the standings and make sure it doesn't say your still playing on hole 18. I had this happened and was DQ'd. Most of the time (99%) my stats are there even if it shows me not completing a round. I would say my stats are submitted about one out of every 10 or so times. LOL :lol:
Kracken
kracken

Postby SuzieQ on Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:38 pm

terrell wrote:if you guys have been playing on the test site, you'll notice submission of stats is infinitely faster than here at the main site. i have had no problems playing online, however, stats submission usually takes several seconds before completing. on the test site, it's been almost instantaneous.

there's no guarantee there will be no more problems with stats submission when mark moves everything from the test site to here, but i'm hazarding a guess it will be greatly improved. (8

The test site is quicker for sure and seems to have ironed out a lot of the submission problems. One thing that I do like here rather than the test site and the old site is that one can fly under the radar you might say. Lets say "T" starts a tourney and is allowing 32 players in. One can start that first rd and if one is not playing up to snuff that day or had to leave before one finished, that player may drop out and not take up one of the 32 allowed slots. On the test site and the old site once you start your name is put on the board. I think many of the tourneys here have had more players start or attempt that first rd but is not showing up on the leaderboards.
SuzieQ

Return to Talk About It