I think it has become time for change

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Time for a change?

Postby Hoosiergun on Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:15 pm

As I look at all the links software I have it is sad, Links 98 thru 2003 all the true courses and many add on, I will miss a piece of this but wont miss it that much, To all my friends from the mplayer days had alot of fun, but like i said last night its time for a change. Hey tip for ya will be putting on to ebay our can send to you direct
last post promise just trying to get some money back lol

Dave S (Hoosiergun)
Hoosiergun

Postby Hoosiergun on Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:31 pm

Everything has been deleted and for the polluted #$%^ out there have fun

Microsoft screwed us all

Have fun with a game that will not grow
Hoosiergun

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:04 pm

Hoosiergun wrote:Everything has been deleted and for the polluted #$%^ out there have fun

Microsoft screwed us all

please let this be the last........
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

it is the last lol

Postby Hoosiergun on Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:11 pm

Go to ebay I will give all my links stuff away you can have it lol
Hoosiergun

Postby Bruce Bo on Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:47 pm

i'd rather you determine your own 'last' but this is getting silly to keep saying 'it is'...
you're confusing me now :P

but i'm easily confused, so you dont score a point there ;)
but bye for now~ you probably want the last word, so when you come back to say "bye" just know i've already said mine ~
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby canuck on Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:16 pm

to quote Red Forman from the seventies show "You Dumbass !"
just relax the new tour will be starting this year :shock: lol

chris
canuck

Links!!!!!

Postby mrhomey71 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:25 am

:mrgreen: I just want to know one thing.Will we ever get a new LINKS game ? You know LINKS 2008 or whatever?
mrhomey71

Re: Links!!!!!

Postby Bruce Bo on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:32 am

mrhomey71 wrote: :mrgreen: I just want to know one thing.Will we ever get a new LINKS game ? You know LINKS 2008 or whatever?

who knows? but let me give this comparison:
i also race F1 cars online, using the sim GrandPrix Legends. that sim came out in 1998! it is still going strong. i run a league that now has approx 60 members. there are 100s' of leagues!

one of its strongpoints for surviving is its community. some have built circuits (like some build courses for Links) others have improved the graphics (like players for LInks) and there are numerous add-on's that just keep making an old proggy better.

so i wouldnt give up on Links for that reason alone. that someone or some developer is working on a new Golf sim is very likely, but i dont think we'll see a new "LINKS2008"... thats my guess.

to be dissapointed is shortchanging yourself.. just think of it as LINKS.. forget the 03 part.. enjoy the sim.. to me it remains the closest thing to real golf.. except here i can break par :)
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby KCJammer on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:48 am

tryandtyoneon wrote:
Hoosiergun wrote:Everything has been deleted and for the polluted #$%^ out there have fun

Microsoft screwed us all

please let this be the last........

Oh no Murray, Hoosiergun will be back ... you can count on it.

Memo to Hoosiergun:
When you return -- and you will return -- be sure to register using a different user name.
'Cause you're gonna get a boatload of crap from the loyals here if you start playing as Hoosiergun.
KCJammer

Postby terrell on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:55 am

we infernal pragmatists are in the enviable position of if we started the browser tomorrow, and got the dreaded 'link not found', we wouldn't be terribly surprised. no one's getting rich pursuing this hobby, so if the talented individuals keeping it alive suddenly received sweeter deals elsewhere, they'd simply receive my best wishes.

posts by mark, rehit, catherine, and others lately also give cause for extreme optimism. i'm certainly heartened by their efforts, and wish them great success. i'll be here.
terrell

Re: Links!!!!!

Postby FDS_Catherine on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:00 am

BruceBo wrote:
mrhomey71 wrote: :mrgreen: I just want to know one thing.Will we ever get a new LINKS game ? You know LINKS 2008 or whatever?

who knows? but let me give this comparison:
i also race F1 cars online, using the sim GrandPrix Legends. that sim came out in 1998! it is still going strong. i run a league that now has approx 60 members. there are 100s' of leagues!

one of its strongpoints for surviving is its community. some have built circuits (like some build courses for Links) others have improved the graphics (like players for LInks) and there are numerous add-on's that just keep making an old proggy better.

so i wouldnt give up on Links for that reason alone. that someone or some developer is working on a new Golf sim is very likely, but i dont think we'll see a new "LINKS2008"... thats my guess.

to be dissapointed is shortchanging yourself.. just think of it as LINKS.. forget the 03 part.. enjoy the sim.. to me it remains the closest thing to real golf.. except here i can break par :)

As is always the case, it is left up to the talented members of the respective communities to keep alive said games, regardless of the circumstances.

I mean come on, what I am attempting to do, is nothing short of writing a complete game.

New engine, new apcd terrain editor.

Take2 if any of your shirt and tie men are keeping upto date on whats happening in the developing forums. I will finish the current developments for £250,000.

Then you can release the up-grade for a reasonably priced sum of £29.99.
FDS_Catherine

Previous

Return to Talk About It