Does this attitude still prevail about my site and me?!

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby KCJammer on Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:43 am

grim_x wrote:Tell ya, give a listen to "Echoes", awesome double cd. Though "Wish You Were Here" has gotta be my favourite album. On second thought, there's way too many of them. "Delicate Sound of Thunder", "Dark Side of the Moon", "The Wall" (of course) "Animals" more than I can think of, let alone mention. May be a function of brain death tough.

Who knows? ... this certainly is though, LOL
KCJammer

Postby FDS_Catherine on Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:57 am

[quote="Golfer69
Is very rare this all pcs now are multi-cores only the the low range pcs like semprons or celerons are mono-core. [/quote]

I have to disagree there. I have two top of the line pc's which I both built myself. One is a top end dual-core Intel, the other is a Amd fx monster. There are still some great single core processors around. And there will be for some time.

Yes I understand all the bench results for single v dual-core. But for gaming at the minute, and for the forseeable future, games developers will still work with single core processors for the vast majority of games. ( This I know for a fact. )

In my own opinion, my Amd fx machine, is still a far better gaming machine than my dual-core Intel one. Both have twin 8800gtx's, 2 gig of ram, same 1kw Psu. Only thing that is different is the motherboards, hard-drives obviously processors and different opperating system.
( My opinion entirely. )
FDS_Catherine

Postby Ripper2k7 on Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:00 am

Now we're talkin...Orb, I was wrong...you DID start a productive thread, at least! You aren't useless after all!
LoL.
Ripper2k7

Postby terrell on Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:00 am

Ripper2k7 wrote:Now we're talkin...Orb, I was wrong...you DID start a productive thread, at least! You aren't useless after all!
LoL.

spot on, ripper. i'm not a proponent of dissing the orbster. but the conversation did take a dramatic uptick.
terrell

Postby Tresclub on Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:40 am

terrell wrote:@catherine (actually anyone else that cares, too)
...dave matthews providing the background, to play our favorite 'can't get outside' diversion or relax from the day's rat race...

Little River Band does it for moi.
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby Maximus on Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:37 am

grim_x wrote:Tell ya, give a listen to "Echoes", awesome double cd. Though "Wish You Were Here" has gotta be my favourite album. On second thought, there's way too many of them. "Delicate Sound of Thunder", "Dark Side of the Moon", "The Wall" (of course) "Animals" more than I can think of, let alone mention. May be a function of brain death tough.

grim,

The whole concert is great but one of my favorites is "One of these Days" from the "Delicate Sound of Thunder" disc. It's one of Pink Floyd's best live songs. Links wouldn't be the same for me without a little Led Zeppelin playing in the background or maybe some Allman Brothers or B.B. King or The Doors or Aerosmith or.......well, you get the idea. :)

Max
Last edited by Maximus on Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maximus

Re: Does this attitude still prevail about my site and me?!

Postby Maximus on Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:50 am

DMOrb wrote:

After three years of keeping the nay sayers at bay, I will do what the right thing and pull out my roots here at Linkscorner and move on...

It's quite tiresome to see these replies, especially when I thought all this negativitey was behind me.

Orb,

Not sure what all the negativity is about but I have no beef with you. It can't really hurt anything if you stick around can it?

Max
Maximus

Postby grim_x on Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:37 am

Yah, I have sound turned off for links, can't beat playing golf and listening to tunes eh. Reminds me of downhill skiing when I was a kid, they had music playing on those old grey cone shaped loudspeakers all over the hill. Song I remember best that just got you into a slalom rhythm was "Feeling Groovy" Man, that was a long time ago.

On a side note, you got me there KC, I usually do a better job of proofreading.
grim_x

Postby FDS_Catherine on Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:54 am

Just dusted off Wish you were here, one of the best technically composed albums of all time, possibly. With possibly the greatest song they ever wrote, not to mention that it was recorded over 6 months, at the infamous Abbey Rd studios:

Remember when you were young,
You shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes,
Like black holes in the sky.
You were caught on the crossfire
Of childhood and stardom,
Blown on the steel breeze.
Come on you target for faraway laughter,
Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!

You reached for the secret too soon,
You cried for the moon.
Threatened by shadows at night,
And exposed in the light.
Well you wore out your welcome
With random precision,
Rode on the steel breeze.
Come on you raver, you seer of visions,
Come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!

For anyone wanting to listen to the floyd, I suggest getting the best amplifier and speakers you can. Simply because, well they deserve it.
FDS_Catherine

Postby owntor on Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:55 am

Ripper2k7 wrote:Not sure who you think you are pard, you used to come into Zone, promote how fast you could play the game, slam others in chat, now you make videos and help PC illiterate people learn Windows. Why does that make you think you are some sort of Links and PC God who is on a pedestal trying to "save" Links for Us? And that we are all against you and your site? I for one could give a rat's behind what you do or what your site is doing...I have a feeling I am not the only one who shares that sentiment either. You lost me pard...whats your FU@king point?? Move on will ya? Thanks. Design a new Links, then you'll be helping us. Until then, STFU.

Ripper2k7 wrote:Now we're talkin...Orb, I was wrong...you DID start a productive thread, at least! You aren't useless after all!
LoL.

Orb,

Hang in there, man. You're alright in my book. :D I can't stand all the negative ppl around here who think they know so much and cut others down for their own benefit.

Why has Ripper not been banned? If links is dead why is he still posting on this forum?! At least the use of foul language on this site is justification for dismissal.

I plan on playing a lot of Links 2k3. It's not dead. Look how many members this site has. I'll see you on the leader board!

owntor :wink:
owntor

Postby Bruce Bo on Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:07 am

owntor wrote:
Ripper2k7 wrote:Not sure who you think you are pard, you used to come into Zone, promote how fast you could play the game, slam others in chat, now you make videos and help PC illiterate people learn Windows. Why does that make you think you are some sort of Links and PC God who is on a pedestal trying to "save" Links for Us? And that we are all against you and your site? I for one could give a rat's behind what you do or what your site is doing...I have a feeling I am not the only one who shares that sentiment either. You lost me pard...whats your FU@king point?? Move on will ya? Thanks. Design a new Links, then you'll be helping us. Until then, STFU.

LoL.

Orb,

Hang in there, man. You're alright in my book. :D I can't stand all the negative ppl around here who think they know so much and cut others down for their own benefit.

Why has Ripper not been banned? If links is dead why is he still posting on this forum?! At least the use of foul language on this site is justification for dismissal.

I plan on playing a lot of Links 2k3. It's not dead. Look how many members this site has. I'll see you on the leader board!

owntor :wink:

couldnt agree more Owntor...
i'm looking into the ways of banning... & contacting Mark if he needs to be made aware. there's just no need for that kind of attitude . its a like minded group with a common interest. if you arent in agreement with that, then stop coming here~

simple enough
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby MGT_BlackBeard on Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:59 pm

You need to be fired Bruce, you doing a terrible job at the moment, deleting my awesome replies and spoiling it for others. You think you got some kind of rank or power over us hahahahhaaa! ...AHHH HOW SPECIAL YOU ARE

This is a forum, and let people speak their minds, freedom of speech man! What are we in a prison? Go ahead and ban me, I don't give a F!

MGT_BlackBeard aka Joe_Girard aka BLACK_BONES

HARDY...HAR...HAR...HAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LONG...LIVE ....ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MGT_BlackBeard

Postby Bruce Bo on Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:20 pm

MGT_BlackBeard wrote:You need to be fired Bruce, you doing a terrible job at the moment, deleting my awesome replies and spoiling it for others. You think you got some kind of rank or power over us hahahahhaaa! ...AHHH HOW SPECIAL YOU ARE

This is a forum, and let people speak their minds, freedom of speech man! What are we in a prison? Go ahead and ban me, I don't give a F!

MGT_BlackBeard aka Joe_Girard aka BLACK_BONES

HARDY...HAR...HAR...HAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LONG...LIVE ....ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now why would i ban you Joe? you've got a good sense of humor.. you tell it like you think it is, and without profanity. i'm cool with that~

how special am i? it depends on who you ask :)
power? no.. i'm only doing what i interpret is what is needed to keep it positive and without people getting angry. there's enough anger in the world - dont you think?

just be nice.. is that too hard?
some seem to enjoy putting others down.. why? is it because of their upbringing? social status? i dont know. but when i see a kid that is from a 1 parent family, and all he needs is a little attention and a point in the right direction, and to know someone cares, then the world can be a better place.. and yes the sky is blue in my world. and i'm happy about that :)

Long Live and Love Blackbeard...
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby MGT_BlackBeard on Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:29 pm

I am charmed by your kindness Bruce, I like you. ;)
MGT_BlackBeard

Postby BruceWallace on Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:31 pm

MGT_BlackBeard wrote:I am charmed by your kindness Bruce, I like you. ;)

You're anything but charmed! I could think of a few hundred other words. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BruceWallace

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It