Does this attitude still prevail about my site and me?!

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Does this attitude still prevail about my site and me?!

Postby DMOrb on Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:11 pm

This is also posted at linkscorner.org.

Over the past three years I have learned many things, one is to NOT over promote my site here and at http://www.lspn.net .

I recently sent an IM to "arsam" asking him when he was going to send some screenshots for the next slideshow. He was eager to point out that I had not used enough modern courses in my shows, and I told him in that same topic to send me what he thought would be nice to see in an upcoming show.

I really am starting to feel disgusted with the people who feel it's a conspiracy for those of us who have genuine services at reasonable rates to help Linksters and the public at large. Why do I say this? Please follow these three IM's to "arsam". And those who are like arsam, well, you know where you stand with me as well. Get off that old soap box and realize that people like me make a couple hundred a month doing good things for other people....I am not going to retire from my web services.

To: arsam
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:37 am
Subject: screenshots
You offered a suggestion about using newer courses for screenshots for slideshow........where are yours to help with the upcoming new show?

To: Orb
Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:42 pm
Subject: Re: screenshots
Orb,

It was not, nor is it my intention to provide material for you to promote yourself and you business. My comments were only questioning that if you are truly trying to promote Links 2k3 to the public, why aren't you using the current state of the art courses in your slide show.

Based on what I have seen of your presentations, it is my opinion that you are mearly using the efforts of others in preparing and submiting screen shots that you then add into slide show software and distribute as a means of self promotion.

To: arsam
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:36 am
Subject: Re: screenshots
Too bad you feel that way..... I suppose you don't buy APCD courses, or go to the pro-shop.

You are another negative person who feels that making a buck on the Internet (an honest buck) is a crime.

You are in a group of five people that are really too cynical for my taste. You five love to post suggestions and negative comments in threads.....sad life for you folks. Sadder knowing that you will never learn optimism...

We can curtail further IM's. We are not on the same page about much in life, I'm sure of that.

So if someone feels the same as "arsam" is really appauled by seeing http://www.tctu.com on the credits in a show.......then speak your piece now. I've done a lot of free work for people, and not just shows. Remote help and desktop videos galore!

After three years of keeping the nay sayers at bay, I will do what the right thing and pull out my roots here at Linkscorner and move on...

It's quite tiresome to see these replies, especially when I thought all this negativitey was behind me.

:x
DMOrb

Postby Ripper2k7 on Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:18 pm

appalled, negativity, peace, amongst others...
Orb, Links 2003, is dead. People have gone their own ways, and you making videos of your shots and adding animations to them, isnt going to revive the game...much to your chagrin. As much as we appreciate your positive attitude towards the game, theres isn't much you or anyone else can do for a fading , 4 year old game that is losing players by the day. And attacking someone for feeling that way doesn't help. All we few can do is continue to enjoy the game we've loved for many years. Sorry P.
Ripper aka Rich
Ripper2k7

Postby DMOrb on Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:20 pm

This is what I expected, and people like you will help me retire from Links as well...
DMOrb

Postby Ripper2k7 on Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:21 pm

OK take care p, good luck.
Ripper2k7

Postby Ripper2k7 on Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:29 pm

Not sure who you think you are pard, you used to come into Zone, promote how fast you could play the game, slam others in chat, now you make videos and help PC illiterate people learn Windows. Why does that make you think you are some sort of Links and PC God who is on a pedestal trying to "save" Links for Us? And that we are all against you and your site? I for one could give a rat's behind what you do or what your site is doing...I have a feeling I am not the only one who shares that sentiment either. You lost me pard...whats your FU@king point?? Move on will ya? Thanks. Design a new Links, then you'll be helping us. Until then, STFU.
Ripper2k7

Postby DMOrb on Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:55 pm

Let's see who follows your ignorant replies. Enough said...
DMOrb

Postby FDS_Catherine on Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:59 am

Ripper2k7 wrote: Design a new Links, then you'll be helping us. Until then, STFU.

I am in the process of writing a new engine, along with a brand new terrain editor.

What you will get is this:

1. Hdr lighting, if your card can handle it.

2. The importing of custom built 3d objects from either 3ds max9, or Maya 8 Unlimited. ( Already fully functioning, with all crashing ironed out. )

3. Real-time lighting. With an effect called Magic Light. ( Which will allow 2d objects to display shadows as if it were a 3d object. ) Partially working.

4. New fully modeled player models. ( 10 altogether. 7 males and 3 females. With new swings, clothes, and after shot animations, etc, etc. )

5. A fully functioning sky, with moving clouds.

6. The biggest change to date. Water that will show ripples depending on what way the wind is blowing at any given time.

7. Is being written primarily with dx10 in mind, but when finished will run with current dx9 hardware.

8. Lastly, there is more, but I will not be disclosing what the changes will be.... yet. Just know, that the fundemental game mechanics, will in no way be altered. They are good enough as is.

There you go.
FDS_Catherine

Postby Golfer69 on Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:54 am

FDS_Catherine wrote:
Ripper2k7 wrote: Design a new Links, then you'll be helping us. Until then, STFU.

I am in the process of writing a new engine, along with a brand new terrain editor.

What you will get is this:

1. Hdr lighting, if your card can handle it.

2. The importing of custom built 3d objects from either 3ds max9, or Maya 8 Unlimited. ( Already fully functioning, with all crashing ironed out. )

3. Real-time lighting. With an effect called Magic Light. ( Which will allow 2d objects to display shadows as if it were a 3d object. ) Partially working.

4. New fully modeled player models. ( 10 altogether. 7 males and 3 females. With new swings, clothes, and after shot animations, etc, etc. )

5. A fully functioning sky, with moving clouds.

6. The biggest change to date. Water that will show ripples depending on what way the wind is blowing at any given time.

7. Is being written primarily with dx10 in mind, but when finished will run with current dx9 hardware.

8. Lastly, there is more, but I will not be disclosing what the changes will be.... yet. Just know, that the fundemental game mechanics, will in no way be altered. They are good enough as is.

There you go.

This sounds great!! Will be a update or a new version of links?? Would be a great add multi-processor support seems that these changes will have a lot of cpu charge.
Golfer69

Postby FDS_Catherine on Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:45 am

There are no plans at the minute to utilise dual-core processors. To be honest there are very few games at the minute that are making use of multi-core. Off the top of my head, the Crysis engine is one and I think the new Barbarian game Age of Conan is another that will be supporting dx10 and multi-core.

I have been working on a new lighting technique, which when finished will allow dx9 cards to almost replicate certain effects of HDR lighting. Obviously it will not be full HDR, but it will give the same illusion, with very little frame rate drops. Currently you will be getting a drop of approx. 1-3 fps, it might rise a little more, but I will trim down where possible.

This will be a stand alone mod. Which will incorporate 1.5 and 1.6. ( And will be written in such a way, that any other modifications from whatever party involved, can easily be ported into it, without too much hassle. )

Basically, this could be classed as a new version.
FDS_Catherine

Postby terrell on Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:07 am

@catherine (actually anyone else that cares, too)

the links nation as a whole has always been an unremarkable group of joes, content to come home after a hard day, prop the feet up with a suds at the side, dave matthews providing the background, to play our favorite 'can't get outside' diversion or relax from the day's rat race.

but have i mentioned lately the women of links are simply fantastic?!
terrell

Postby grim_x on Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:12 am

I don't know about Dave Matthews there T, though he's ok. I'd prefer a wee bit O'Floyd meeself eh.
grim_x

Postby terrell on Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:30 am

grim_x wrote:I don't know about Dave Matthews there T, though he's ok. I'd prefer a wee bit O'Floyd meeself eh.

little before my time, grim, but i certainly recognize a few tracks, and concur. a friend gave me 'the wall' a few years ago. i will throw it in now.
terrell

Postby KCJammer on Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:36 am

terrell wrote:
grim_x wrote:I don't know about Dave Matthews there T, though he's ok. I'd prefer a wee bit O'Floyd meeself eh.

little before my time, grim, but i certainly recognize a few tracks, and concur. a friend gave me 'the wall' a few years ago. i will throw it in now.

I have Dark Side of the Moon on SACD. Words can't describe how amazing this disc sounds in 5.1.
KCJammer

Postby grim_x on Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:38 am

Tell ya, give a listen to "Echoes", awesome double cd. Though "Wish You Were Here" has gotta be my favourite album. On second thought, there's way too many of them. "Delicate Sound of Thunder", "Dark Side of the Moon", "The Wall" (of course) "Animals" more than I can think of, let alone mention. May be a function of brain death tough.
grim_x

Postby Golfer69 on Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:42 am

FDS_Catherine wrote:There are no plans at the minute to utilise dual-core processors. To be honest there are very few games at the minute that are making use of multi-core. Off the top of my head, the Crysis engine is one and I think the new Barbarian game Age of Conan is another that will be supporting dx10 and multi-core.

I have been working on a new lighting technique, which when finished will allow dx9 cards to almost replicate certain effects of HDR lighting. Obviously it will not be full HDR, but it will give the same illusion, with very little frame rate drops. Currently you will be getting a drop of approx. 1-3 fps, it might rise a little more, but I will trim down where possible.

This will be a stand alone mod. Which will incorporate 1.5 and 1.6. ( And will be written in such a way, that any other modifications from whatever party involved, can easily be ported into it, without too much hassle. )

Basically, this could be classed as a new version.

Is very rare this all pcs now are multi-cores only the the low range pcs like semprons or celerons are mono-core. I hope so that the soundscripts and the ball-fly will get better too this would be very good for the game the ball has low quality now for a 2007 golf game.

I have to say too that this game aren't died in pro stroke world tour 2007 only around 300 pc members avaible for to play online they are very dificults for to found someone for to play a game online this comunnity is more big that we beleive.
Golfer69

Next

Return to Talk About It