Ex GIG Team is now CSI.........Looking for new members..

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Ex GIG Team is now CSI.........Looking for new members..

Postby CSI_Marty on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:59 am

Please check out our website and ladder if you are interested in joining a team...We have our own teamspeak server and our own ladder.
http://www.marty9ball.com/

email me if interested martynu@cox.net
CSI_Marty

Postby FDS_Catherine on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:48 am

I had a look at the site, very well laid out.

Could you tell me what courses do you use. Is it strictly M$ courses, APCD. Or a mixture of the two. And do you use P2P courses also.

Lastly, what kind of play do you use, Ammy, Pro etc and from what T's.
FDS_Catherine

Postby CSI_Marty on Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:15 am

We play with any and all courses. We play on teamspeak in the direct connect mode..We just check for matches and play any available course......any other questions, feel free to ask............ty Marty

ps the host of game can select the sets he chooses. We do insisit on pro mode tho....
CSI_Marty

Postby FDS_Catherine on Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:04 am

Thank you for your reply Marty. I have Vent but no Skype. And I never talk on-line except to my work friends. Is it a must, that you have to be able to communicate with each other using a mic?

Just wondering, as I used to be in a few clans playing CS and CS:S. Now I never communicated with my mates either. This was not a problem as I knew the game inside out, and also what tactics my fellow team-members were for using, just by the way they started to move at the start of each round.

Obviously we do move, so the mic is for tactics. But surely if you are a good enough player it shouldn't matter.

Oh well, thanks anyway.

lastly, I would not play anything other than Pro or maybe champ. ( Starting to use it more now. ) And I do not have any M$ courses, as quite frankly they are all rubbish. ( My opinion entirely. ) I like to play the mod. But like any good female I can multitask, by playing both 1.6 and 1.5. ( But obviously not at the same time. )
FDS_Catherine

Postby CSI_Marty on Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:08 am

Thank you for your interest. A lot of our players have MS and pay courses, but when we connect with each other in direct connect mode, we are limited , obviously, to the courses that all have. There is no requirement as to the amount or the type of courses any member has. If you dont like MS courses, then you will never have to play them as they will not be on your course list.

Our team plays the ladder in the 1.05 Pro mode. But our players that play in other venues, like LS Masters for instance play the mod sometimes and in champ or elite also. You could play our ladder in any version you like as long as opponant wants to play the mod....

The Teamspeak is a requirement because none of our members want to type into the chat box while golfing.....

We are different from other teams playing links as our rules our simple....Respect one another and have fun....

We have drifted away from the tours since the Zone disappeared, but will rejoin at some time in the future, I am sure.

If you would like to come in and play a round and get to know the others, [please let me know...ty Marty
CSI_Marty

Postby FDS_Catherine on Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:40 am

Thank you once again for your reply Marty. But I think I will give it a miss, as I do not chat on-line.

Maybe another time.
FDS_Catherine

Postby CSI_Marty on Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:13 am

Thanks Cathy....:) wish you would change your mind tho, Marty
CSI_Marty

Return to Talk About It