OK, Blast Me If You Will

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:12 am

A, my guess is that we're going to get some info from the gods pretty soon. even when the site opens with a full event repertoire, there may still be a testing period. based on his previous remarks, mark's eventual 1.0 lspn tournament site will be an order of magnitude more sophisticated than the previous site. i don't have any problem waiting until he's ready. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby terrell on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:33 am

personally, i'm enjoying this tour as it is a lot. i've never been much of a stats hound. i can bask in the glory of a 58, then smile when i follow it up with an 88. so what if i'm averaging...lessee, 8 plus 8, carry the 1, divide by something, er...you guys know what i mean. lw, canuck, and others, have been creating some great tournaments i look for every week. i'm playing lots more than usual. and the usual cast of characters keep showing up to whip my...hiney. it doesn't get, any better than this.

i somewhat agree with alan. i am a huge documenter, i copy all the pertinent individuals on every aspect of my daily activities. i start no project without a detailed plan everyone has signed off on and understand (ok, most times that's a stretch). if you wanna know what i'm doing, all ya gotta do is understand english, flowcharts, and schematics. the information is available. but for a handful of guys to spend their own free time, money for what has to be an expensive endeavor, i'm gonna give them tons of slack.

edit: oh yeah, and appreciation.
terrell

Postby mercedes on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:37 am

I have to concur with T's thoughts on this one. Unless somebody else steps up and designs a new site, can't complain too much. I have also noticed many of the "regular" players showing up at all levels. Nice to see the same names above me again on the leaderboard!!!

Scott
If your not the lead dog, the view never changes.
mercedes

Postby sgt_cook on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:24 pm

Geez T, you're ruining your image here, but a darned good post. Guess its up to me to give everyone an update.... how about March, 2097, thats pretty far out and definitely an up date. :wink:
sgt_cook

Postby terrell on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:17 pm

sgt_cook wrote:Geez T, you're ruining your image here, but a darned good post.

thanks, sarge. but no one's trying to steal copyrighted courses, or no one's trying to sell the 'it's free|universally available|need contributions for bandwidth|i didn't know what was going on' crap, so i'm cool.

sgt_cook wrote:Guess its up to me to give everyone an update.... how about March, 2097, thats pretty far out and definitely an up date. :wink:

being an aficionado of alpha|beta|dev software, i participate on a lot of forums where the most popular question is 'when is it coming out?'. and the overwhelming number one answer is 'when it's ready'. so i'm very used to waiting patiently for a final.
terrell

Postby djwoods10 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:49 am

again i agree with you t i wounder what these guys would do if mark just said hell with it and put an end to it all
just play and have fun - don
djwoods10

Postby brokenclub on Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:04 am

Ok then bang bang bang
brokenclub

Postby Harpo on Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:28 am

@t - "When it's ready"

That's all Bill is looking for. An answer or update. It's been about 2 weeks and we were just wondering how things look. Not that much to ask for.

@tj - again i agree with you t i wounder what these guys would do if mark just said hell with it and put an end to it all

just like everyone else here. Find another place to play or don't play at all.
Jim
Harpo

the wait game

Postby Bruce Bo on Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:39 am

anyone mind if i put a lock on this thread?

i think we're all in the same boat as to wanting it to be finished, but none of us except the guys doing the work can really say.

when we start complaining it does no good, it wont speed up the process, then when we start biting each other, it does less good.

no one disagree's with wanting it. we all deal with out own level of frustration/patience.
and those that need to, have expressed their view.

so before this escalates... i'll lock it.
i dont want to delete the thread as i think for anyone coming in late, it could serve as the most recent querry and in itself answer those same questions.
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Talk About It