Go Blue

Postby MasterMontgomery on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:48 pm

Max
I understand no problem at all

8) Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby RR_CrazyHorse on Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:58 pm

You would be wrong to think that all football, baseball, hockey, etc. fans would feel good when a team from another state or city loses. Some people watch sports for sports sake and not to make them feel better about themselves. I was cured of the up and down emotion of rooting for one team or another when the Browns left town and became the Ravens. Praise the lord and pass around the sanity, I rooted for OSU but bet the other team in both the Michigan game and the Florida one. What any team does doesn't make me a winner or loser.
"No matter where you go, There you are"
RR_CrazyHorse

Postby Maximus on Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:16 pm

RR_CrazyHorse wrote:You would be wrong to think that all football, baseball, hockey, etc. fans would feel good when a team from another state or city loses. Some people watch sports for sports sake and not to make them feel better about themselves.

Now you're the one who's wrong by putting words in my mouth. Reread both of my posts. I said "most" Michigan fans and "lots" of Ohio State fans not "all". Any Ohio State fan knows what I mean when I say most, notice I said "most", Michigan alumni like to see their rivals take it on the chin once in a while which by the way doesn't happen to Ohio State very often. I was just joining in this thread and you want to make it out as if I'm gloating about OSU losing which is far from the truth. My team was blown out and if any OSU fan cheered over that I would understand. All we can do now is wait for next year and hope we can end Ohio State's victory string against us. Heck for years former legendary Ohio State coach Woody Hayes couldn't even bear to say the name Michigan. He always referred to us as "the team up north" and this gives a little insight into how big the rivalry was and still is.

Max
Maximus

Postby Maximus on Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:50 pm

IBHackin wrote:Doug, I think it was Penn State, not Iowa that beat an SEC team "Tenn". I can relate to how you feel. In the championship game in Jan 96 when the Gators faced Neb. they did the same thing to us. That's about the time that the whole SEC started the "let's get speed" idea. I truley did believe we were going to do well in this game but really had no thought of it turning out like it did. Now I have to wait another 7-8 month for football again, as my Redskins are bottom dwellers.

Good day all

Steve

PS thanks for the congrats Max.

Steve,

You're welcome. Florida really impressed me with their poise. They looked like world beaters with Chris Leak at the helm. He'll be gone to the pros so how does Florida look next year? Will they be a contender once again?

Max
Maximus

Postby IBHackin on Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:31 pm

Max,
I really think there will be some drop off on the defence, but I expect the offense to be even better. Tim Tebow is a true freshman that isn't just a running QB, he has a very storng and accurate arm. We played 27 red shirt and true freshmen this year, so they have acquired a lot of experience. Ron Zook was a great recuiter, but Urban is even better. The young talent he has brought in these past 2 years is amazing and we already have one of the best group ready to sign this year. Urban has set the bar real high so I expect we should be in the mix again next year if we can survive the SEC. I also know what you mean about rivals, FSU is ours and under no conditions could I ever "r o o t" for them. :evil:

Steve
IBHackin

Postby Maximus on Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:10 pm

IBHackin wrote:Max,
I really think there will be some drop off on the defence, but I expect the offense to be even better. Tim Tebow is a true freshman that isn't just a running QB, he has a very storng and accurate arm. We played 27 red shirt and true freshmen this year, so they have acquired a lot of experience. Ron Zook was a great recuiter, but Urban is even better. The young talent he has brought in these past 2 years is amazing and we already have one of the best group ready to sign this year. Urban has set the bar real high so I expect we should be in the mix again next year if we can survive the SEC. I also know what you mean about rivals, FSU is ours and under no conditions could I ever "r o o t" for them. :evil:

Steve

Steve,

If their offense is better than what I saw on Monday Florida is indeed looking good. I'm well aware of the great Florida-FSU rivalry, always a fun game to watch, and I wish you well again next year. From what I've read lately about Nick Saban I'm rooting for you guys to beat Alabama also. :lol:

Max

PS I was always a Steve Spurrier fan.
Maximus

Postby Jimboroks1 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:07 am

Maybe be I should lay off ,IB ,at least till we beat ya'll next year and Matt Flynn throws for 400 yards. Ha. Congrads to Fla. and the Sec . What do ya'll think of Saban taking the BAMA job and lying to Miami and the tv audience? Think the recruits can trust him?

Jimboroks

PS How can I add a different pic on the side ? I have been trying to download it thru the profile and it won't show up.
Jimboroks1

Postby KCJammer on Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:21 am

Jimboroks1 wrote:How can I add a different pic on the side ? I have been trying to download it thru the profile and it won't show up.

You don't upload or download anything to this site Jim. You need to link to the image.

At the bottom of your profile page is your Avatar Control Panel.

Simply enter the URL of the location containing the avatar image you wish to link to. The instructions there tell you ...

"Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 6 KB."

That's not exactly true (the 80x80 limit), but if you link to something larger, it will mess up the appearance of the board.

Some sites don't allow you to direct link to their images and some have bandwidth use limitations ... hence the occasional red X. I use Image Shack to host my images and have never had a problem.

Good luck ... I'm guessing we'll be seeing a LSU logo up there soon?
KCJammer

Postby KCJammer on Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:20 pm

From SportsPickle.com
the Sports Humor and Satire Site

Ohio State Now Willing to Play Boise State for the National Title

Just days after deflecting any notion that undefeated Boise State deserved a shot to play then-undefeated Ohio State for the national title, Ohio State players and coaches say they are more than happy now to play the Broncos for the championship straight-up, no questions asked.

“Hey, if the offer is still on the table – Ohio State vs. Boise State for the national championship – we’ll take it,” said Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel. “Boise State deserves their shot and you know, uh, we wouldn’t mind playing the title game over again.”

The heavily-favored Buckeyes were blown out by Florida on Monday night in the BCS Championship Game, 41-14, but Ohio State says that game was not the true national championship.

“Florida shouldn’t have been there with their one loss. Boise State is undefeated and they should have been playing us,” said Ohio State quarterback Troy Smith. “I think that’s why we didn’t play well on Monday night – we knew the game was a sham.”

Boise State head coach Chris Petersen says he welcomes Ohio State’s offer, but doubts his team will accept.

“Look, I understand where Ohio State is coming from. I do. If we had been embarrassed and humiliated in every possible way on national television in the championship game, we’d want a chance to redeem ourselves, too,” said Petersen. “But we’ve already beaten the champion from a supposed power conference in Oklahoma. We want Florida now.”

NCAA president Myles Brand says he likes certain aspects of Ohio State’s proposal, but doubts he would ever approve of the game under its current format.

“I would love to have Boise State play for the national championship,” said Brand. “And if we can get a plus-one game set up that gives them that chance, I won’t stand in the way. But the part of the proposal I hate is Ohio State being in the game. No one wants to watch them get killed again, least of all Ohio State’s fans, I would think. So I’ll okay Boise State playing for the title, but only against Florida.”

But while Florida has so far showed no interest in playing the Broncos, the Buckeyes say the only game they want is Ohio State-Boise State.

“Just three days ago there was near universal agreement that Boise State deserved a shot at the national title, while there was a lot of disagreement over whether Florida deserved to play us for the national championship,” said Tressel. “Why can’t we go back to then? Huh? Please, let’s just go back to three days ago and pretend the BCS Championship Game never happened. Please, God. Please.”
Last edited by KCJammer on Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCJammer

Postby Jimboroks1 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:48 pm

KC, thank you for the help in getting a logo up,although I'm really not satisfied with this particular one.
It is one thing for me or anyone to complain that we lost to a team because our team made mistakes,but for OSU to complain that they lost because the competition was not good enough(did not belong there) is quite another. Oh how the supposed mighty have plummeted.
Since Fla. is the National and SEC champ. I think Boise State should EARN a shot at the national and SEC champs by coming thru LSU.They would never make it. GO SEC.

Jimboroks
Jimboroks1

Postby Maximus on Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:11 am

Jimboroks1 wrote:KC, thank you for the help in getting a logo up,although I'm really not satisfied with this particular one.
It is one thing for me or anyone to complain that we lost to a team because our team made mistakes,but for OSU to complain that they lost because the competition was not good enough(did not belong there) is quite another. Oh how the supposed mighty have plummeted.
Since Fla. is the National and SEC champ. I think Boise State should EARN a shot at the national and SEC champs by coming thru LSU.They would never make it. GO SEC.

Jimboroks

Jim,

I don't think Ohio State was actually complaining. The article KC posted is from SportsPickle.com where many of their stories are very clever tongue-in-cheek stuff. Take a look at the logo I found here http://images.sportsline.com/images/col ... os/LSU.gif

I switched my usual Michigan logo temporarily to the LSU one so you could see what it looked like. You can find many others all over the net.

Max
Maximus

Postby KCJammer on Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:51 am

Maximus wrote:I don't think Ohio State was actually complaining. The article KC posted is from SportsPickle.com where many of their stories are very clever tongue-in-cheek stuff. Take a look at the logo I found here http://images.sportsline.com/images/col ... os/LSU.gif

Yep, SportsPickle is The Onion for sports junkies. Here's a story on Nick Saban:

Nick Saban said to be interested in Miami Dolphins job

Sources close to Nick Saban say the Alabama head coach has instructed his agent to express his interest in the newly-vacated Miami Dolphins job.
“Nick feels he has some unfinished business in the NFL and the Dolphins job is a pretty good one,” said a close friend of Saban’s. “But mainly, though, he heard Wayne Huizenga say that he’ll pay any price to turn the Dolphins around and that really got his attention.”
But while those who know him say Saban will listen to offers from the Dolphins, the coach himself denies those reports.
“I am happy to be here at Alabama. There is nothing to these rumors,” he added, before excusing himself to conduct a phone interview with the Dolphins.

Maximus wrote:I switched my usual Michigan logo temporarily to the LSU one so you could see what it looked like. You can find many others all over the net.

I was wondering about that Max ... thought maybe you had jumped onto the Tiger bandwagon :lol:
KCJammer

Postby Maximus on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:38 pm

KCJammer wrote:
Maximus wrote:I don't think Ohio State was actually complaining. The article KC posted is from SportsPickle.com where many of their stories are very clever tongue-in-cheek stuff. Take a look at the logo I found here http://images.sportsline.com/images/col ... os/LSU.gif

Yep, SportsPickle is The Onion for sports junkies. Here's a story on Nick Saban:

Nick Saban said to be interested in Miami Dolphins job

Sources close to Nick Saban say the Alabama head coach has instructed his agent to express his interest in the newly-vacated Miami Dolphins job.
“Nick feels he has some unfinished business in the NFL and the Dolphins job is a pretty good one,” said a close friend of Saban’s. “But mainly, though, he heard Wayne Huizenga say that he’ll pay any price to turn the Dolphins around and that really got his attention.”
But while those who know him say Saban will listen to offers from the Dolphins, the coach himself denies those reports.
“I am happy to be here at Alabama. There is nothing to these rumors,” he added, before excusing himself to conduct a phone interview with the Dolphins.

Maximus wrote:I switched my usual Michigan logo temporarily to the LSU one so you could see what it looked like. You can find many others all over the net.

I was wondering about that Max ... thought maybe you had jumped onto the Tiger bandwagon :lol:

KC,

LOL. That Nick Saban story was great. I've been to the SportsPickle site before and they are very witty guys. No bandwagon jumper here as I'm a Michigan man all the way but we need some pointers from Florida on how to beat Ohio State next year. :wink:

Max
Maximus

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:13 am

if michigan wants pointers to beat ohio state, they just need two ultra quick defensive ends, and two big butts up the middle to stuff the up the gut running game. when you can get intense pass rush pressure with your basic front four (or three+), nobody will be open downfield long enough to throw to. toss in a no huddle offense with about 100 different looks, and you can beat those guys. big ten teams haven't even dreamt about this kind of stuff, but it's what many successful nfl teams use every week. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby grim_x on Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:31 am

Still hoping my g/f's oldest can go to Michigan. He's a defensive lineman and at 14, is already 6'4" and 280 lbs. He'd sure like to punch my lights out, me being the evil step father and all, lol. Unfortunately the 4" and 100 lbs he has on me isn't enough of an edge. By-product of a life of righteous violence I guess, But, I'll keep on pulling for U Mich. Canada sucks for university sports, gotta go to the states :-(
grim_x

Previous

Return to Talk About It