Dallas/Seattle

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Dallas/Seattle

Postby Chip_Jett on Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:45 am

Did any1 see that game last nite? Im not a cowboy fan nor seahawk , but is that not the shiniest football you ever seen? Looked like the dame thing was sprayed with armor all. and if you have ever used that you know it makes leather very slick. Something was on that ball. Nither the cowboys or seahawks would go any father than the next game IMO . But something was fishy with that ball.
Chip_Jett

Shiny

Postby MasterMontgomery on Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:27 am

Chip i agree that ball really had a shine to it.
The game was pathetic. 8)

Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby DennisHarris on Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:16 pm

It was a game of errors in the 4th quarter. Neither team looked like a playoff caliber football team IMHO.

Professional or not conditions still have some effect on the game. They played the game at night, outdoors in the month of January in Seattle. It was obviously on the chilly side and damp. Certainly those conditions have an affect on the surface of the football not to mention a players ability to catch or hold onto it. The pressure had an effect on the players too. As I said earlier neither team played well in the 4th quarter. Seattle just happened to win.
Life is to short, so always eat your dessert first! :)
DennisHarris

Postby Hittman on Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:28 pm

C'mon Doug...give us Seattle fans a break....not pathetic, just a lot of judgement calls that influenced the game.....I agree though the ball looked pretty shiny to me also...have been trying to find something on net concerning the quality of the particular ball used......
Dont you think the Dallas center, Romo, or other participants would notice and at least comment on the ball if it was an odd little critter they stuck in the game? I'm sure there will be some kind of discussion down the road on this one....

Oh yeah. and I did feel sorry for Romo, for about 30 seconds.....He just flatout killed Seattle in their preseason game, so I'm sure he will be back.

Hopefully, we can get another chance at Chicago next week to show how much of a fluke that Monday Niter was.........

The ride is always fun, it's just when you get off that it hurts....
Rob
Hittman

Postby gibby on Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:47 pm

there was a mention that a new K (kicking)ball was being used
I read somwhere that the home team can use old game footballs during normal play but a new one is used for kicking.
Something about the kickers being able to remove the shine @ changing the shape
gibby

Postby sgt_cook on Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:23 pm

Found this little tid bit over at Nfl fanhouse on aol sports. Shows a replay of the fumbled snap and talks a bit about the K ball.

NFL kicker Jay Feeley says the K ball isn't the same every time:

The interesting thing is that you can get a good K-ball or a bad K-ball. A K-ball is not a different ball in anyway than the regular game ball; it's just a ball that has not been broken in. The footballs the quarterbacks use, they'll take them down, they'll rub them, they'll break them in, and use them throughout the week to have them not be so new. The K-ball's are brand new right out of the box. You're not allowed to do anything to them. You're not allowed to kick them at all before the game. You can get a good new ball, or a bad new ball.

Did Tony Romo get a bad K-ball? We have no way of knowing. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before conspiracy-minded Cowboy fans accuse Seattle ball boys of purposely sending in a slick one. Maybe Romo got nervous and that's why he botched the hold. Maybe it was just one of those unfortunate things that happens. Or maybe the K-ball on the last play of the game was more slippery than all the other footballs he handled yesterday, and that was the difference between the Cowboys winning and losing.
sgt_cook

Postby gibby on Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:39 pm

Koy Detmer was released during training camp(I think) came back this past week to hold for David Akers with it raining and temps in the high 40's low 50's and held the ball fine.
As a true blue Eagles fan poor poor Romo, it's a game crap happens!
gibby

Postby Bruce Bo on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:49 pm

gibby wrote:Koy Detmer was released during training camp(I think) came back this past week to hold for David Akers with it raining and temps in the high 40's low 50's and held the ball fine.
As a true blue Eagles fan poor poor Romo, it's a game crap happens!

i've been a Giant fan since '58... and that game was one of the first NFL games i've watched in a long time. in the old days (oh boy here we go) the QBs werent necessarily in better shape, but the linemen and backers, werent either. at best some of those defensive tackles (i'm talking early sixties) could fall on a QB after they had run out of breath.. but when these guys all became so fit, so muscle bound, i shook hands with an college player, and it was like a rock.. i realized these guys can plain HURT each other! without trying.. so look out if they have the red mist in their eyes.. i lost interest because of the injuries.
but i would check standings, and hope the NY'ers would again be great... i watched in total embarassment a 1 dimensional (tike barber) offense.. and marveled that the defense could keep the game so close.. the only consolation i had was i wouldnt see them humiliated at the next level :o
and tho the eagles looked better as a unit, i dont think much of their chances not being able to trounce a team that brought out their backup QB (is he REALLY the backup?) called the hefty lefty?! oh my.... i watched the entire game (to my amazement.... but it will be a while before i try again~

so of you that are really into the NFL.. how did the Giants even get there? do you think they deserved to be? the eagles? Gibby... tell me your view of that 'game'....
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Return to Talk About It