What's happening

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:54 am

Thx Brad. It was weird playing after a while away where i played a different game. It took me half a round to realise i used to play 2 click and not 3 click . Also things like chipping were a nightmare as I couldn't remember a thing. :( The good thing was i enjoyed it.
As for TWoods there is no chance of that. I did have a look but disliked it a lot.

Peter Lloyd , yes I had the pleasure of meeting him on his homeground near Surfer's Paradise. A wander on the beach, a chat and a drink poolside was excellent.I started the holiday in Brisbane and moved to Adelaide , Melbourne ( based at Lara) and then finished up in Sydney for the New Year.

You are right Bam I have been playing Shotonline ( still am) and its true that many many of the lead players there are ex Linksters and it was a bunch of them I met up with in Melbourne for a meal.A really top night even though the food wasn't up to scratch.
Links is still the best golf sim by far and its such a shame there isn't a new version coming out as that would be the only way ( I think) to get such players back. It is cartoony but it has the benefit of having masses of players and thus lots of competition and easy to get online games at any time.It's also hard to play which I find a plus. Putting in particular is a real challenge compared to Links. ( trouble is if Links was as tough for putting I guess most people here would complain :D )
Thanks for the link Dennis. I do hope it comes to fruition soon. The amount of work being done must be enormous and I am sure the new tour and structure will be good. I hope to still be here playing when it happens.
RoyHiggi

Postby Dareaper on Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:20 am

Roy and SOL he is hooked gents he plays this cartoon game more then he did links..He so far gone now not sure if he will ever get out now lmfao
Bigfella when new season comes out I will join ya play some SOL and me allmost done now.SOL is going backwards not forwards.

I can,t wait for to get started again its allmost year now for me bring on new season
Dareaper

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:57 am

Hi Steve I am looking to play some Links regularly from now and look forward to the new season too. Not sure where shot is going either but will play there too and see how it goes.
RoyHiggi

Postby BAMTURF on Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:19 am

I just want to ask one more thing roy . when you were down under did you see or hear about custom play golf . i had heard its the next best thing to links . but no U. S. distributor
ROSELAND/ HARRY
BAMTURF

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:59 pm

No I have never heard of custom play golf.
RoyHiggi

Postby Harpo on Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:41 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:
Peter Lloyd , yes I had the pleasure of meeting him on his homeground near Surfer's Paradise. A wander on the beach, a chat and a drink poolside was excellent.I started the holiday in Brisbane and moved to Adelaide , Melbourne ( based at Lara) and then finished up in Sydney for the New Year.

I hope you two weren't comparing charts and pie graphs. :shock: :o

:D :roll:
Jim
Harpo

Postby Westview on Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:04 pm

Speaking of charts and pie graphs...I would like to meet George(LACERS)some day.
That would be very interesting. :shock:

Are you still around George??
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby terrell on Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:10 pm

Westview wrote:Speaking of charts and pie graphs...I would like to meet George(LACERS)some day.

only if he promises not to wear those bike pants again he had on in tampa. i was partially blinded for three days.
terrell

Postby Westview on Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:23 pm

terrell wrote:
Westview wrote:Speaking of charts and pie graphs...I would like to meet George(LACERS)some day.

only if he promises not to wear those bike pants again he had on in tampa. i was partially blinded for three days.

Lol! Wow did you meet him? Was it during the VGA tournaments?
I used to like reading his long winded formulas for different types of shots, they gave me a headache but were a fun read. He's the only player I know that putts with a driver.
Nothing can escape the law of Karma
Westview

Postby RoyHiggi on Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:02 pm

Lol Jim. Maybe I should have searched his house for stuff like that but alas he is a confirmed shotonliner now. Another seriously good player lost.

Not sure his formulae were fun to read Jim ( the other Jim) but some of his posts definitely were. Maybe he is doing shot now and trying to chart it in the same way. I dont think he would succeed :D
RoyHiggi

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:20 am

RoyHiggi wrote:It's also hard to play which I find a plus. Putting in particular is a real challenge compared to Links.

Makes me wonder why then you don't prefer the 1.06 MOD? Says one thing.......

Good to see you Roy, just giving you a lil chin music pard. :wink:
HTP_ErnieB

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:19 am

I thought the mod thing was unrealistic as a whole but the putting (apart from f/f which was just stupid on the wrong course) was still far too easy. You could still do rounds with only 20 or even less putts which is too unrealstic. Yes that could be a lot to do with hitting it close but however it is achieved I would prefer a good putting round to be 28 or so putts. I have had plenty of rounds on shot with 30 plus putts and I have played well to score a level par round.

That appeals to me but not it would seem to many Links players.
RoyHiggi

Postby sinewiz on Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:53 am

RoyHiggi wrote:I thought the mod thing was unrealistic as a whole but the putting (apart from f/f which was just [censored] on the wrong course) was still far too easy. You could still do rounds with only 20 or even less putts which is too unrealstic. Yes that could be a lot to do with hitting it close but however it is achieved I would prefer a good putting round to be 28 or so putts. I have had plenty of rounds on shot with 30 plus putts and I have played well to score a level par round.

That appeals to me but not it would seem to many Links players.

With all due respect Roy, your the best. You should average 20 putts. LOL. Us mere mortals are are more than happy to average around 28 putts,,,or more. LOL.
sinewiz

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:09 pm

S is right on. if roy averages 28 putts, god help the rest of us. if roy is scrambling to shoot even par, most of us would be the +90 guys we are in real life. if (lol) i'm going to shoot 90, i might as well go to the nearby real course and get some exercise and sun. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby KCJammer on Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:25 pm

Larry_Warrilow wrote:... if (lol) i'm going to shoot 90, i might as well go to the nearby real course and get some exercise and sun. lw

What is this "exercise and sun" you speak of? :shock:
KCJammer

PreviousNext

Return to Talk About It