What's happening

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:12 pm

KC, i didn't mention it because i didn't want to rub it in, but i live in south florida. today: 74degF, 70% humidity, wind NE 10mph. we had a "cold" front go through last night, so the wind and humidity are little different than usual. both palmetto, and calusa country club are just a few minutes away. for those with a fat wallet, doral or the biltmore are about 20 minutes north of here. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby tryandtyoneon on Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:21 pm

Larry_Warrilow wrote:KC, i didn't mention it because i didn't want to rub it in, but i live in south florida. today: 74degF, 70% humidity, wind NE 10mph. we had a "cold" front go through last night, so the wind and humidity are little different than usual. both palmetto, and calusa country club are just a few minutes away. for those with a fat wallet, doral or the biltmore are about 20 minutes north of here. lw

My brother just flew outta here today for 4 rounds at Doral over the next 5 days

I'm not jealous though :(
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby KCJammer on Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:46 pm

Larry_Warrilow wrote:KC, i didn't mention it because i didn't want to rub it in, but i live in south florida. today: 74degF, 70% humidity, wind NE 10mph. we had a "cold" front go through last night, so the wind and humidity are little different than usual. both palmetto, and calusa country club are just a few minutes away. for those with a fat wallet, doral or the biltmore are about 20 minutes north of here. lw

You kidding Larry? I absolutely thrive upon the raw cold and blustery winds like we had in Central PA today. We saw temps into the upper 60's on Saturday and you should've heard the complaining. :lol:

Pass that thermos of coffee down this way, will ya?
KCJammer

Roy, it's cool to cya back

Postby HeavySwinger on Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:59 pm

8) Can't wait to jump into some tourneys with you and see if I can maintain my 12 strokes per tourney worse score than you, that's when I know I'm playing well :lol:
Glad to hear you had a good time down under, and welcome back to the links world.

Oh, I forgot to mention, there is a new "version" of links in the works this year by Mark Hulka and the gang. You can read about it over at http://www.apcd-courses.com forums.
Larry
HeavySwinger

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:46 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:I thought the mod thing was unrealistic as a whole but the putting (apart from f/f which was just [censored] on the wrong course) was still far too easy. You could still do rounds with only 20 or even less putts which is too unrealstic. Yes that could be a lot to do with hitting it close but however it is achieved I would prefer a good putting round to be 28 or so putts. I have had plenty of rounds on shot with 30 plus putts and I have played well to score a level par round.

That appeals to me but not it would seem to many Links players.

Yeah, even a novice 1.06er like me can have a round with less than 20 putts under the correct circumstances. I've also had plenty of rounds with 30 plus putts. From my short experience with the MOD, I'd say 20 putts or less over the course of an entire 1.06 dedicated season (OWGT for example) would be something which would have to be proven to me and whole lot of other folks who are very familiar with all the nuances of the MOD.

I'm not saying you couldn't do it Roy, I'm saying I'd like to see you try. :wink:
HTP_ErnieB

Postby mercedes on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:19 pm

tryandtyoneon wrote:

My brother just flew outta here today for 4 rounds at Doral over the next 5 days

I'm not jealous though :(

Heading to Pebble Beach on Friday for long weekend. Playing Spyglass and Links at Spanish Bay. Staying at the Inn at Spanish. Have played them all several times, but always fun! Not a bad weekend to go, as snow and cold here in NE.

Scott
If your not the lead dog, the view never changes.
mercedes

Previous

Return to Talk About It