Stop and think before entering arcade events,

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:43 am

ernie has a good point. if a popular am or pro level arcade event sells out its 64 slots early on, an enterprising member might well duplicate its venue and conditions and create an exact parallel event which might well sell out too. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby tryandtyoneon on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:05 am

RR_Desperado wrote:Gibby, the only reason I started this thread is because as I perused the arcade events, it seemed that every time I found an event that looked to my liking, it was full up. Then I started looking and found half the people who took up those starting spots only played 1 or 2 rounds.
I , personally, don`t give a fidler`s fa-- about stats and whether this is only a beta site or not. It`s a matter of someone taking up spaces that others would appreciate. That is the only drawback to the arcade side of things. 64 is not enough spaces for some of the popular events. Then when people waste them , it gets annoying !!

So we need to play all 4 rounds in a row to make you feel better?? Chances are the people with one or two rounds when you looked, ended up finishing them on another day....Do you know where the "create tournament" button is located?
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby mercedes on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:29 am

Another reason some might not finish (and it just happened to me in CH Wack touney) is that game crashed. I have been having that happen lately where I get a "stack overload" error. When I go back to log in, it asks if I want to resume. I click yes and then my player shows up with only partial rendering of course and won't reconnect. I have to end game to get out and then DQ'd. Frustrating!!! Anybody have a solution or get the same errors?

Scott
If your not the lead dog, the view never changes.
mercedes

Postby tryandtyoneon on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:46 am

mercedes wrote:Another reason some might not finish (and it just happened to me in CH Wack touney) is that game crashed. I have been having that happen lately where I get a "stack overload" error. When I go back to log in, it asks if I want to resume. I click yes and then my player shows up with only partial rendering of course and won't reconnect. I have to end game to get out and then DQ'd. Frustrating!!! Anybody have a solution or get the same errors?

Scott

Heap stack or stack overload happened when i d/l one of the main sound scripts from hey martin.......Turned off main script and it works well.......It's quiet, but no more crashes
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby mercedes on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:14 pm

Thanks TRY. Much appreciated and glad to see you you are still beating me at AMY!

Scott
mercedes

Postby gibby on Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:28 pm

RR_Desperado wrote:Gibby, the only reason I started this thread is because as I perused the arcade events, it seemed that every time I found an event that looked to my liking, it was full up. Then I started looking and found half the people who took up those starting spots only played 1 or 2 rounds.
I , personally, don`t give a fidler`s fa-- about stats and whether this is only a beta site or not. It`s a matter of someone taking up spaces that others would appreciate. That is the only drawback to the arcade side of things. 64 is not enough spaces for some of the popular events. Then when people waste them , it gets annoying !!

I guess you need to peruse a little faster :idea:
gibby

Postby canuck on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:27 pm

mercedes wrote:Another reason some might not finish (and it just happened to me in CH Wack touney) is that game crashed. I have been having that happen lately where I get a "stack overload" error. When I go back to log in, it asks if I want to resume. I click yes and then my player shows up with only partial rendering of course and won't reconnect. I have to end game to get out and then DQ'd. Frustrating!!! Anybody have a solution or get the same errors?

Scott

Hi mercedes
I set up the CH Wack n Hack tourney. there are 6 requalifiers with 1 or 2 penaltys per( cant remember), with multiplier on.
So you should be able to requalify . :D
chris
canuck

Postby RR_Desperado on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:12 pm

Some of you guys post for the sheer enjoyment you get out of argueing !!!
RR_Desperado

Postby KCJammer on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:15 pm

RR_Desperado wrote:Some of you guys post for the sheer enjoyment you get out of argueing !!!

Do not!!!

psssst ... Barry ... This is where you're supposed to reply with

Do too!!!
KCJammer

Postby RR_Desperado on Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:42 pm

uh huh !!
RR_Desperado

Postby KCJammer on Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:48 am

LOL ... you win ... there's no arguing with that. :lol:
KCJammer

Postby terrell on Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:54 am

RR_Desperado wrote:Some of you guys post for the sheer enjoyment you get out of argueing !!!

i don't think the peeps here simply like to argue. it's a widely accepted observation linksters as a whole are a 40-60ish crowd, and for the most part emotionally mature (maturity has nothing to do with age). and since we have a preference for a more cerebral type of game, versus mindless car chases or wargames, we think a little more than the average gamester. thus, when something arises we don't agree with, we give an opinion, albeit sometimes adamantly. and i do like peeps with (intellectually formed) opinions.
terrell

Postby mercedes on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:17 am

canuck wrote:

Scott

Hi mercedes
I set up the CH Wack n Hack tourney. there are 6 requalifiers with 1 or 2 penaltys per( cant remember), with multiplier on.
So you should be able to requalify . :D
chris

Thanks Chris. I noticed that on the Wack tourney's. Geez, that has been the hardest course to date for me anyway! Narrow fairways and tough greens.

Scott
mercedes

Previous

Return to Talk About It