How to Install the MOD

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

How to Install the MOD

Postby Tresclub on Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:00 pm

When the MOD first came out (way back when), I d/l'd and install it. Played around with it for a while, and eventually went back to 1.05. Now, I would like to play around with it some more, but maybe it's a senior moment, short term memory loss, or a combination of both, but I cannot for the life of me remember how to do the switchover from 5 to 6. I stll have the 6 exe file: LinksMod106.exe

I need to know how to install the 6 MOD, and then how to get back to version 5. Your help will certainly be appreciated. THANKS!
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby tryandtyoneon on Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:05 pm

if you have an extra desktop icon for links......double click it, you are now in the mod............if not, highlight the exe file and make a shortcut to your desktop......and then double click it.........Make sure you set up a new "mod" player with ther different club lengths.......but never show up with a mod guy at a 1.05 event, you won't like the results

Note: If you have none of the above, double click the exe file and it will install, along with a second desktop icon, the mod for you.
Last edited by tryandtyoneon on Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby FDS_Catherine on Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:06 pm

Hello Tresclub.

Firstly start off by running the 1.6 exe then after it installs, you should get another icon on your desktop ( saying modified )

Then it is just a matter of creating a player for use with the modified version. If you try to use either your 1.5 player on 1.6 or vice versa, you will get a problem usually with not having enough clubs. So be carefull when picking your player.

Then after you have played a game, and want to revert back, just exit the game and click on the other Links 2003 icon to start your 1.5 game.

Simple.
FDS_Catherine

Postby Tresclub on Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:19 pm

Thanks for you help. I installed the MOD and got the second Links icom on my desktop. When I tried to play a round, I got an error message, saying "Unable to find/load MOP DLL". Did a search od my HD, and this particular dll file is nowhere to be found.
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby tryandtyoneon on Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:49 pm

Tresclub wrote:Thanks for you help. I installed the MOD and got the second Links icom on my desktop. When I tried to play a round, I got an error message, saying "Unable to find/load MOP DLL". Did a search od my HD, and this particular dll file is nowhere to be found.

Best bet is to go get another one and see if it works....sounds like the d/l ya got is bad
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby FDS_Catherine on Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:53 pm

Tresclub. It sounds like it has not installed properly.

Firstly run the uninstall for 1.6

Secondly, reinstall paying very close attention to where you have Links installed.
FDS_Catherine

Postby Tresclub on Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:59 am

As luck would have it, my version of the MOD was the old original one, I d/l'd the new "final" version, installed it, and all went well... except the shock of putting on the greens. Thanks for all your help!!!
Tresclub

Postby sinewiz on Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:26 pm

Tresclub wrote:As luck would have it, my version of the MOD was the old original one, I d/l'd the new "final" version, installed it, and all went well... except the shock of putting on the greens. Thanks for all your help!!!

Hello Warren, do your self a favor and start slowly. S/S will be comporable to F/F with 1.05. After that you will find speeds such as S/M and M/S will be much easier to get used to. Good Luck to you
sinewiz

Return to Talk About It